Quick review of our March 20-23rd trip!

Martie Parker

Mouseketeer
We went to Disney World March 20-23rd had a great time and in spite of booking many of our reservations within 2-3 weeks of arrival dined at most of our favorites. This trip included my husband, myself, our adult daughter, and most importantly our 6 year old granddaughter!
Friday, March 20th-preordered Gideon’s Bakhouse East End location/picked up Sat @ 10:30 small line but out within 5 mins! We had 3 Chocolate chip, one pistachio chocolate chip, one peanut butter, and one Oreos and creme! The stand outs were peanut butter, pistachio, and Oreo and creme, but the chocolate chip were good too! If you love cookies then you should try these- my daughter has always loved cookies and thought they were delicious! Theses cookies are huge!
Sat nite-Narcoosee’s great meal I had the filet and my husband had salmon. The drinks were good, service excellent, and good wine!
Sun morning Kona Breakfast- Extremely efficient and knowledgeable server! We had Tonga toast, macadamia pancakes, Mickey waffles, and eggs w/ bacon. Everything was good but the standout was the macadamian pancakes! The Tonga toast was good, but only if you like sweets for breakfast! I would not make a special trip to Poly for this dish, but we were staying at this DVC.
Sun nite-Grand Floridian Cafe after MK! We originally had booked Yak and Yeti, but decided to go to MK early after finishing everything in AK! Booked GFC at last minute for an 8:40 pm reservation. We had drinks at Enchanted Rose before dinner- fast service and good drinks! We waited about 10 minutes to be seated at GFC. We ordered Lobster topped burger, chicken, fish, and kid’s chicken. All very good and always a solid back up when we need a good substitute meal for a last minute change of plans!
Mon lunch-The Hollywood Brown Derby-ordered Cobb salad and egg topped burger. Both these dishes were delicious this is probably the best best burger on property to me now that Le Cellier took there burger off the menu!
Mon nite-Via Napoli- we had made a 6:30 ADR, but my daughter and granddaughter were starving at 5 so they sat us early at 5:15! We love Via Napoli and always order the pizza ordered the Mezza huge with pepperoni, sausage, olives, mushrooms, and tomatoes on half and pepperoni on the whole! It was excellent as usual! We had a bottle of Chianti and a Makers on the rocks (excellent pour BTW) and left full and happy!
Tuesday- Disney Springs-The Polite Pig- great speedy service we had pork sandwich, brisket sandwich, Brussels, and chili! Everything was great! On a side note-this was a last minute trip as my granddaughter is from Maryland and will start in person school mid April so we took advantage of her being on virtual for spring break. My husband and I had originally planned to go to Denver to ski with my son, but we could not pass up an opportunity to plan a fun getaway for out granddaughter since she has been on locked down for a year now! Our reservations were all made 2-3 weeks out and we got Beaches and Cream (x2s), Yak & Yeti, Topolino’s, and Tiffin’s ( we canceled all of these when we knew they would not work in our schedule.) Also I used the reservation finder UT offers for free and they found 2 of my reservations. So don’t be discouraged if you are going at a very busy time and can’t get reservations keep checking!

Sounds like a great trip. I agree with you on the burger at the Brown Derby and the pizza at Via Napoli ... some of my favorites too! And also agree that, if flexible on times and locations, there's a lot to be found "last minute" and the reservation finders can be very helpful. Good advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter