Quick park report 6-4-23… because I’m falling asleep at the keyboard.

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I’m very sleepy this evening. In other words, ♬♫♪ I was dreamin' as I write this. Forgive me if it goes astray ♪♫♬ ;-).

Crowds were really good today. The number of people at rope drop were the lowest I’ve seen in a while.

I met a really nice couple at the rope visiting from Idaho. They’d been to DW a few times but this was their first visit to DL and they were having a wonderful time. Since PP, Mr. Toad and Alice will close tomorrow, my friends and I decided to rope-drop Mr. Toad.

Buzz was being particularly obstreperous today. Several targets didn’t work and three times in a row my score didn’t come through to the photo kiosk. That was especially irksome since on my third ride I scored around 2,040,000. On another ride, I was well on my way to 2M when the final triangle target wouldn’t work. After my highest official score of 1,800,000 I decided that discretion was the better part of valor and I conceded that the day was lost.

Recently I met a nice couple (Josh and Brandy) who live about 25 miles from DL. Like me, they visit the park often. When we first met, they asked me for Buzz tips. Loyal/careful readers will recall that I bumped into them at Pizza Port two weeks ago. As I stepped out of Buzz towards the end of my penance this morning, I ran into Josh. We talked for about ten minutes until his wife returned from her mercy mission -- i.e., her coffee run. They’re both very nice and it lifted my spirits to talk to them, especially since they could understand my Buzz woes ;-).

Later in the morning I boarded Hyperspace Mountain as a single rider. As many of you know, the attraction will return to the standard Space Mountain tomorrow so I had to grab a final ride on the (much better) Star Wars version.

I went to a party last night and was a little tired today so I skipped out of the park at around 1:00.

I’ve got maps if anyone would like a set. Simply send me a DM with your mailing address and I’ll get a set into the mail for you.

Park pics.

040AC129-80E5-4A65-8F98-73B2DD7CAED0.jpeg5126A14A-FAC5-4170-826F-429D7F731DF6.jpeg3E96DD69-1C42-4E90-9392-92D1D9C9917D.jpegB0E24B92-10B2-49FB-801D-4D5F58A85D8D.jpeg0909FD72-4520-4480-B884-EFE8147D4E64.jpeg8C6FAA5D-B538-489C-8DD5-6FA70D4356D2.jpegB12C7FDF-5299-4894-9FAF-838064FF7625.jpeg172D9519-EF42-4FDB-B13A-DD695BC6892A.jpegAD91257D-0D48-4867-BF5E-EBE45B3CA1E5.jpeg4F79BE42-2CBD-47E8-A498-EE9C21031AE9.jpeg

Love your park report and seeing all your great pictures.
Glad to hear you had a good day, other than Buzz being cranky.
My family and I agree with you that Hyper Space Mountain version is the best !

I would love a set of maps. I am not really tech savvy so how do I dm you through DISBOARDS? I did click on your profile, something about start conversation. Didn’t know if this was correct.

It was really quiet yesterday. We were in DCA and literally walked onto Soarin, Incredicoaster and Little Mermaid (standby wait time <5 min). Midway Mania was maybe 15 min.

I would love a set of maps. I am not really tech savvy so how do I dm you through DISBOARDS? I did click on your profile, something about start conversation. Didn’t know if this was correct.
I just sent you a DM. You can reply to that with your address and I'll send you a set.

It was really quiet yesterday. We were in DCA and literally walked onto Soarin, Incredicoaster and Little Mermaid (standby wait time <5 min). Midway Mania was maybe 15 min.
Wow -- didn't realize that it was even quieter at DCA. I don't go to that park often. Usually only about once or twice a year. Sounds like you had a great time, though!

Incidentally, yes: that's how to start a conversation (for future reference).

It was quiet at Dland on Sunday. Seemed to get busier as the day went on. We started seeing more and more white grad nite wristbands as the day progressed. Left after the flag retreat and had a fun day, as always!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter