Quick Landry's questions

Tygerlilly

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! I want to get the Landry's card for our trip in October. I know I get the welcome reward and my birthday reward (my birthday is end of October).

How soon should I sign up? Does the welcome reward have an expiration date? I don't want to do it next week if it will expire before we get there.

And, can I combine both the welcome reward and the birthday reward together on the same order? I think I'm going to grab some discounted gift cards to pay, but if I can use both rewards at the same time, that would be even better!

Yes they can be stacked. I had a birthday reward stacked with my points reward last year. I didn’t even ask about it and it was done automatically. I thought my birthday reward expired as it was the following month but was still applied.

My suggestion is to sign up for every adult in your family. Especially if your birthdays are in the same month or back to back months. My wife and I have Aug and Sept birthdays. This allows us to use them for the first 15 days of September as long as we pay with separate checks. We signed up many years ago when it was still the original Safari Club under Rainforest Cafe. There are enough Landry's restaurants around the country that you should be able to use it in years you won't be going to Disney World. The welcome credit alone pays for the cost of the card.

My suggestion is to sign up for every adult in your family. Especially if your birthdays are in the same month or back to back months. My wife and I have Aug and Sept birthdays. This allows us to use them for the first 15 days of September as long as we pay with separate checks. We signed up many years ago when it was still the original Safari Club under Rainforest Cafe. There are enough Landry's restaurants around the country that you should be able to use it in years you won't be going to Disney World. The welcome credit alone pays for the cost of the card.

We have exactly 1 Landry's owned restaurant anywhere near us. 🤣 But we do plan on going to Disney every year, so even if we only use it there, it's still a good value just for the birthday rewards!

We have exactly 1 Landry's owned restaurant anywhere near us. 🤣 But we do plan on going to Disney every year, so even if we only use it there, it's still a good value just for the birthday rewards!
I get it. We live in Florida now, so using ours is easy. When we lived in Ohio, we already had them but went with someone to lunch and they signed up. Literally a few months later the place closed because they didn't want to renew their lease. It was never very busy. The closest one to them is an hour away now. It is really free to get and the $25 bonus on your birthday month is great, but at Disney it is hard to get out for under $25 a person, it is a loss leader for them as they hope to get you in the door with a big group and you spend way more than the $25 bucks.

I get it. We live in Florida now, so using ours is easy. When we lived in Ohio, we already had them but went with someone to lunch and they signed up. Literally a few months later the place closed because they didn't want to renew their lease. It was never very busy. The closest one to them is an hour away now. It is really free to get and the $25 bonus on your birthday month is great, but at Disney it is hard to get out for under $25 a person, it is a loss leader for them as they hope to get you in the door with a big group and you spend way more than the $25 bucks.

Oh definitely, but even if I have the welcome and birthday rewards, it brings my $100 meal down substantially, which I appreciate. Especially when I can put the savings towards more Mickey Pretzels. Lol

We use the Landry Select card. Know that although the regular points do not expire, the birthday points do. We learned that the hard way.

Can you use the Welcome reward and then pay the rest with a Disney Gift Card or Magic Band?

We use the Landry Select card. Know that although the regular points do not expire, the birthday points do. We learned that the hard way.
Birthday points? You get a $25 credit for your birthday and you earn points on dollars spent. The birdday $25 credit expires on the 15th of the month following your birthday month. Points do expire one year from the date they were earned. I think what you are saying is that a $25 credit from earning 250 points doesn't expire. But if you don't earn 250 points in a year, you will never make the $25 credit.

Birthday points? You get a $25 credit for your birthday and you earn points on dollars spent. The birdday $25 credit expires on the 15th of the month following your birthday month. Points do expire one year from the date they were earned. I think what you are saying is that a $25 credit from earning 250 points doesn't expire. But if you don't earn 250 points in a year, you will never make the $25 credit.
I realize I called them the wrong thing, but the birthday credit expires, and my husband and I were unaware.

Last year I used my birthday credit in November. I guess since they were closed for so long. I would go every Feb so that was what the server told me to say my birthday was. I still have my $25 birthday reward from Feb on my app. I am wondering if they are extending it this year also.

We have one Landry's restaurant "close by" as well - 2 hours away!

Last year I used my birthday credit in November. I guess since they were closed for so long. I would go every Feb so that was what the server told me to say my birthday was. I still have my $25 birthday reward from Feb on my app. I am wondering if they are extending it this year also.
Lucky you. I lost my birthday reward in December because restaurants were closed in person. The closest one is 45 minutes away and I had no desire to drive an hour and a half to get take out. I even emailed the company asking for an extension but didn’t get one.

A few years ago I wasn't allowed to stack welcome and birthday reward.

I wasn't using any bonus, choice of AP discount or earning Landry points

I thought I had read on another thread as well that you couldn't stack your birthday and welcome reward as well. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the actual card once you sign up? I was thinking of signing up for our January trip.

Semi-related Landry's question: Has anyone had luck getting seated at Yak and Yeti without a reservation, but with the Landry's card recently? Haven't been able to get a reservation there, and wondering if this can serve as a back-up.. but less sure with all the capacity limitations in place right now. Thanks in advance!

Semi-related Landry's question: Has anyone had luck getting seated at Yak and Yeti without a reservation, but with the Landry's card recently? Haven't been able to get a reservation there, and wondering if this can serve as a back-up.. but less sure with all the capacity limitations in place right now. Thanks in advance!
If you have a Landry’s card and call Y&Y directly they will let you make any reservation you want. I don’t think they is guaranteed seating right now as a walk up with the card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter