QUICK! If you were going to be pregnant...

BippidiBoppidi

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney in just 62 days! That means our Fast Pass selections are right around the corner!
When we first planned our trip (which is to celebrate our first wedding anniversary), we had plans to spend hours hitting all the MK Mountains a few times and trying out Dinosaur and EE at AK. Wellllll...then we found out that we are expecting! I will be 22 weeks when we go, so thrill rides are out of the question.

Now my FP strategy is out the window, so I need suggestions on what FP to book that AREN'T the big thrill rides and safe for mama and baby. Thanks so much!

**Edited to add....we are only in the parks for 2 days. Day one, Magic Kingdom.
Day two, Animal Kingdom/Epcot**

But... Ima dude! ;)

Congrats!

I'd think Splash Mountain would still be ok. Dumbo. Philharmagic. River Boat. Haunted Mansion. Carousel of Progress might be a little intense though... :)
(Ooh - you can "ride" Stitch as many times as you care to!)

AK is going to be a little trickier as I think most of the rides will be too intense.

Go to the great sticky on everything FP+
The only ones I can think of for MK that would get crowded are Peter Pan and Jungle Cruise
AK-Safari? that's up to you and your doctor FOTLK or Finding Nemo show
Epcot-Character Spot or Spaceship Earth? (oops, didnt mean Mission Space) I mean you really won't need

Last edited:

MK-Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Buzz (thought Buzz might be very uncomfortable pregnant-I regretted riding it last year when I was about 28 weeks

At AK I don't know! Shows I guess :/ I don't think I'd ride the safari. Most people say it's fine but I wouldn't be comfortable with it.

I have been while pregnant. Although I was much earlier and mostly still throwing up. :-/

I would do Peter Pans Flight, Enchanted Tales with Belle and maybe Buzz Lightyear or Little Mermaid for MK.

Frozen Ever After, turtle talk and character spot at Epcot (if you'll be staying for illuminations)

Thanks, guys! Fortunately I'll be in the "best phase" of pregnancy...so I've been told (and knock on wood) to be able to enjoy things if I take it easy. And also fortunately F&W festival will be going on, so we can do a lot of strolling and tasting little bite throughout the day (hubby will be drinking for two though, haha)

Soarin'? That would be okay, I think, right?

I went to WDW last year while pregnant. The "mountains" at MK are out of the question. I rode Peter Pan, IASM, Little Mermaid, PoTC, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Winnie the Pooh. There are definitely options there for FP+ that are pregnancy friendly! (I'd choose Peter Pan, PoTC, and Haunted Mansion for my FP+, but that's because those are personal favorites.)

AK is trickier. I didn't want to ride the Safari while pregnant - I was afraid I wouldn't feel well. There honestly isn't really anything worth using a FP+ there if you're pregnant, since you won't be riding EE, Dinosaur, or Kali. I had a great time going on the walking trails and seeing the Festival of the Lion King (you could get a FP for that, if you want, although I assume your husband would probably use his FP entitlements for the thrill rides and would therefore not be getting a FP for the show).

I'd actually book FPs for Epcot instead of AK. You can do FEA there and I also did Soarin' with no problems, along with Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, Nemo, Journey Into Imagination, and Ellen's ride (can't remember the name!).

mk- peter pan, jungle cruise, and haunted mansions are ones we chose ( ill be 24 weeks when we go) we have also used it on pirates and winnie the pooh

Epcot- Soarin or the new frozen ride for your tier 1, then we did land and seas with nemo.
i suggest using the FP For epcot (we did this when we do our split day with AK in the morning and EPcot in the late afternoon/night)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter