Quick feedback on the DVC Lounge in Epcot. Simply awesome

hopeful4fl

DisneySpirit
It is simply marvelous. On a hot day it is a VERY welcome break with free soda and snacks. It also has ample plug points to charge your electronic devices.

Go towards the Glass Pyramid. You cannot miss it :)
You will need your card to get in and can take up to 6 guests
You need to check out when leaving
The soda are out of the multiple choice machines and have 100's of combinations available.
The staff there is friendly and comes with a snack cart pretty often
Area is clean and air conditioned. HOWEVER the pyramid is all glass and the sun beats down on you in most places.
THERE ARE NO RESTROOMS THERE. Only downside.

Agree, we were there earlier this month, first time I had been to it. It was crowded as it was pouring outside. The staff there was wonderful!
a really nice addition.
Hope they keep it and its not just a short time perk.

Last edited:
Agreed. The lounge is definitely a winner. Seating is limited though. If they had a bathroom it would be a home run.

We enjoyed it last November/December. It was warm on a cool rainy day.

They actually ran out of hot chocolate, so many people were thawing out there.

The lounge is my favorite DVC benefit: AP can be worth a lot of money but you need to go often enough to make sense. Parties can be a lot of fun but you have to be lucky to be in the rigth place at the right time. Same for special events which are even paid (are they really a benefit?). Merchandising and restaurant discounts are nice but they're not exciting, it's "just" money.
The lounge is available for everyone, it's a nice place to unwind for while in the middle of the day, you can bring guests, you can have a free drink or snack. I hope they keep it or possibly even expand to other parks, it would be wonderful to have a lounge at every park.

Unfortunately I suspect there is little business case for keeping or extending it. The ONLY reason DVD fund it is to sell more new timeshare. They got a previously unused space (was originally a sponsors area) , I suspect at a peppercorn rent from Disney Parks, and spent relatively minimal sums decorating it (hence no new bathrooms installed, too expensive) to make it a temporary lounge until the space is needed again when the building is levelled in the Epcot expansion. Unless there are other unused spaces that can be upgraded for nominal sums, I doubt we will see more lounges. Then again I am not party to the data and whether such a lounge results in more sales of new timeshares vis a vis cost to build and run it.

We love the lounge. Great hang out spot.

Years back, there were AP lounges in the land pavilion and pizzafari They were also great. These things come and go, but it’s really nice to have it.

We love the lounge. Great hang out spot.

Years back, there were AP lounges in the land pavilion and pizzafari They were also great. These things come and go, but it’s really nice to have it.
Wow, did not know about those lounges!

I really want to try the lounge, but twice now we have been turned away, and the subject gets me a little wound up! HOPEFULLY we will be able to get in this year, although I highly doubt it since we are going at Christmas/New Year time. If we couldn't get in during September, there's virtually no chance December/January time! I do not enjoy the fact that you can take so many guests in with each member - it is one of the main reasons we couldn't get in last time (large party of guests with members). I also dislike the fact that any international DVC members have to just hang out and do nothing in the lobby area until space becomes available, as opposed to US members who can get a text message straight to their phone. Not sure why they can't use the same buzzers they use at the restaurants so everyone can enjoy the same service. Oh well, here's hoping things improve for our upcoming visit and we actually get to enjoy one of the so-called 'benefits' of our membership.

We assume that it is paid for and run by DVD marketing, thus it has restricted access and only direct buyers and grandfathered owners can enter. If they feel that it has a marketing benefit it may stay awhile, if it not, goodbye. It's all in the numbers.

:earsboy: Bill

we went once so far and it's really nice to just sit there and relax for a while

We were in Epcot on a really hot day and getting tired. We stopped in the lounge for an hour and got totally refreshed in the air conditioning. We then soldiered on the the rest of the day. I’m a fan of the lounge.

I really want to try the lounge, but twice now we have been turned away, and the subject gets me a little wound up! HOPEFULLY we will be able to get in this year, although I highly doubt it since we are going at Christmas/New Year time. If we couldn't get in during September, there's virtually no chance December/January time! I do not enjoy the fact that you can take so many guests in with each member - it is one of the main reasons we couldn't get in last time (large party of guests with members). I also dislike the fact that any international DVC members have to just hang out and do nothing in the lobby area until space becomes available, as opposed to US members who can get a text message straight to their phone. Not sure why they can't use the same buzzers they use at the restaurants so everyone can enjoy the same service. Oh well, here's hoping things improve for our upcoming visit and we actually get to enjoy one of the so-called 'benefits' of our membership.
A bit like the Moonlight Magic events, it may benefit DVD for members to take in as many non members as possible, to introduce them to DVC 'perks' and dangle the hook in the hope of a new customer.

A bit like the Moonlight Magic events, it may benefit DVD for members to take in as many non members as possible, to introduce them to DVC 'perks' and dangle the hook in the hope of a new customer.

I agree the guests are allowed into the lounge to entice them into buying into DVC themselves. Keep in mine the lounge is being paid for by the developer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!