queston..what time should we leave the parks on Thursday go get to the ship?

addie

Mouseketeer
HI,

We will be on the fairytale magic plan, so we want to take advantage of the last day of the UPH pass. We were thinking about doing AK, that day, however we will not be using Disney transportation.

What time should we leave AK and make it to the ship in time to not feel rushed. Is there any reason we want to be there early?

We are not to worried about flounders, or Pailos (sp?). What time does boarding start, and what time do you need to be there by?

Thanks!

Boarding typically starts around 12:15 to 12:30. You must be there by 3:00. The port is 65 miles from the parks. How will you be getting there since you aren't using Disney transportation? Are you driving and parking or are you renting a car and returning it nearby? Or are you taking a town car? The amount of time you'll need to allow will vary depending on your mode of transportation.

We are taking a limo (cheaper than disney transportation there will be 9 of us.) So the driver will pick us up and drop us off.

Is there any special meal, or boarding party that we don't want to miss?

I read somewhere about bringing your swimsuits, what time do people swim to? Also, what time can you get into your room and get your luggage?

Thanks again!

There is lunch on the ship that I beleive begins at 1:00.
Staterooms are supposed to be ready around 1:15.
Our luggage was delivered around 3'ish.

We enjoyed being on the ship early. We didn't make Palo ressies or anything, but it was nice having the time to explore the ship and become familiar with where everything is located.
Another plus, if you're a big picture nut like me. You can take plenty of pictures of different areas of the ship without other people getting in your shots!

so how long (65 miles) does it take to get to the ship from the resort? 1.5 hours??

Thanks again!

Originally posted by addie
so how long (65 miles) does it take to get to the ship from the resort? 1.5 hours??

Thanks again!

It takes about an hour and 2.50 in tolls. The speed limit for most of the way is 70 mph.

We left about 10:30 to get to the ship and I found that was a great time, we didn't have to wait to long once we got there and checked in to board. I don't think I would leave much later than that if I did it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter