Questions on Crystal Palace ???

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Disneys kid at heart, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Disneys kid at heart

Disneys kid at heart Earning My Ears

What is everyone's thoughts on a later dinner at crystal Palace 7:20pm I've never eaten here curious on the quality of food and also can you see wishes from inside?

2. rwdavis2

rwdavis2 DIS Veteran

We thought it was fine. Nothing particularly special but the main draw are the characters. No, you can't see Wishes from inside. It's pricey for the food quality but that's not we people go there. We've eaten at that time and the food was still OK.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. pumba

pumba DIS PUMBARIZER

we always go there and when we travel with someone that hasnt gone ..we take them...my favorite is the salmon and the pasta with seafood.. meat is always good with the gravy...delicious

rwdavis2 likes this.
  5. Queen of the WDW Scene

Queen of the WDW Scene DIS Veteran

I've eaten at CP as late as 8pm.
    Food was good.
    Service was good.
    Characters came around.
    We could hear Wishes but we could not see them until we actually walked out the door. (it was taking place as we were leaving the restaurant)

6. addiln

addiln DIS Veteran

We have gone a couple times and the food has always been good. It is nothing to write home about since it really just your standard buffet style food. The characters come around in a timely manor and the interaction with them is always good. I was never there for wishes but from the times I was there and looking out the window I doubt you can see the fireworks from there.

7. DisIsForMe

DisIsForMe Prepping for first visit

First Disney trip coming up in March for my crew who is 6, 4, 2 and we're so excited. Or maybe mostly Dad ;)
    We have ADR at CP for 7:05 pm when Wishes is at 9 pm. I don't think my crew will want to wait around for more than 20 minutes between dinner and start of fireworks. I'm thinking to be able to go outside after dinner and get a good view. Should I try and push back the dinner start time or can I just show up a bit late? I expect they're commonly running late on reservations at this time anyhow and they wouldn't be booking another seating after us. It's not evening Magic Hours.

8. Queen of the WDW Scene

Queen of the WDW Scene DIS Veteran

Expect dinner to take 60-90 minutes depending on how long after your ADR time you are called in and how long it takes for the characters to come around to your table.
    I wouldn't push for a later ADR and I also definitely wouldn't try arriving latee.
    Most restaurants take ADR's right up to closing so there ARE people being sat after you.
    If you try arriving late they may very well consider you a no show, give your table away, and charge you $10 per person.

Hopefully likes this.
  9. DisIsForMe

DisIsForMe Prepping for first visit

Thanks Queen for the quick complete answer. I've checked and there is lots of availability around my booking time so I will review balance of days plan and then re-review about pushing out another 10 minutes. Anybody have a good tip of how to go from leaving CP to getting a prime viewing spot?