Questions for you lucky pin code recipients

WishinOnaStar

Wanted to grow up and marry Spin or Marty
I was wondering if any of you already had existing ressies when you called to see if you had a pin code? I want to make reservations but I'm afraid once I do I won't get one. After all, why would Disney want to save me money when they can already see they have me on the hook? Wouldn't it make more sense to entice someone who maybe doesn't have ressies with a pin code? I am so worried about this years vacation because we are coming with my DH's DB and DSIL along with some friends. They know in years past I have gotten great deals with general pass codes and I'm making everyones reservations. Me under pressure?....nah :scared1:

WishinOnaStar said:
I was wondering if any of you already had existing ressies when you called to see if you had a pin code?

Hi,
I would have thought the same as you that having a reservation would be a risk to getting a code. But I did have a code (only obtained by calling to ask) that I applied to an existing ressie. Actually, when I called it seemed good that I did have the reservation, because the CM asked if I wanted to make a reservation before he seemed to look up if I had a code, and when I said that I did he altered it to include the reduced rate. It also made me more secure knowing I could stay where I wanted, even if I din't end up with a substantial discount.

My "back-up plan" in case I never got a code before the time of my trip was to join AAA for that discount. This is not a bad idea anyway as we will be driving. The savings would have been at least a bit more than the cost of the membership. AAA members may want to comment more on availability of these discounts. As I understand it (correct me if wrong, anyone...) there may come a point if the rooms are scarce for a particular time period that AAA discounts may not continue to be available.

Pixie dust for GOOD LUCK!
:wizard:

I had an existing ressie when I called to check on a code. The CM just applies the code to my existing ressie. No problem.

Tina

I had wondered the same thing since we already had our reservations. I decided it certainly couldn't hurt to check. Boy, am I glad I did! We had a code waiting for us - I was really shocked - and I would have never know if I hadn't called back and asked. We're now at POR for $79 a night!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Believe me the person at CRO that will be doing the checking, truly does not care one way or the other. They are just reading a computer screen, making little money, and dreaming of getting off work and going home.

Either you will have one or you won't, having an exisiting reservation will not affect it.

WishinOnaStar said:
Is a code discount better than a AP?

For the period from 4/17-7/4, at the deluxe resorts, yes.
I think for the value and mods as well, but don't remember for sure.

We booked POFQ in February for rack rate plus MYW dining and 6 day park hopper package. Did not have a code when I booked. I then read on these boards about people calling to check for pin codes after they had reservations. I called in March and we had a code. It was applied to our package for the room portion and we got WL for the same price we would have been paying for POFQ without a code. Great deal and no problem applying it to package. It never hurts to call and check. I would even check maybe once a week because they seem to be assigned at random. Good Luck!

I did not have a reservation when I found out that I had a pin attached to my name. I had called specifically to ask if I had a pin attached to my name. Since I knew what dates we wanted to go I went ahead and made the reservation after I found out about the pin. I orginally booked All Star Music for $65.79 including tax and then I upgraded to POR for $88.09 including tax. I seriously considered upgrading to the WL for $152.00 including tax but decided to stay with the moderate considering that we wouldn't be spending that much time in the room.

Good Luck!!!! I hope you get a pin!!!!!!!!!! :wizard:

Last year I went with a party of 11 (3 extended families but not the same names.) We did not have any code at the time but made AAA ressies. I told each family to go to Disney website and get the vacation planning tape. Well my niece did and she got a postcard code ($49 rate :cool1: ) we were then able to apply it to all 3 rooms. The code was under her name but since she was in my "ressie" we all got the discount. HTH :teeth:

Ok...does that mean that if I already have ressies at WL for a courtyard room and I find out I have a code....that it may apply only to a different resort? :wave2:

I made my reservations back on January 3, 2005 then changed them to the AAA rate on February 23 and called last night to see if I had a code by our name and got the room for $59.00 a night at the POP. I did book my park tickets separate from my room so I don't know if you can use a code if you book as a package.

I'm truly happy for all PIN recipients, but I'm experiencing pin envy! We go two-three times/year and have been annual passholders for several years, too, and we've never received a speical postcard or pin in all that time! Just makes you feel underappreciated, wah, wah wah! LOL We're going with AAA rates this year as we're finally NOT renewing AP's and we're only staying 2 nights (that'll teach 'em!). :rotfl:

Well, then how many AP holders have ever gotten a pin. This may be on another board sorry if it is. Just wondering.

HIHO...HIHO said:
Ok...does that mean that if I already have ressies at WL for a courtyard room and I find out I have a code....that it may apply only to a different resort? :wave2:

It depends. From what I understand there are only so many rooms set aside with any of the discounts that are available, and WL may or may not have anything available for your dates with that pin. If not available, I guess you have to decide if the code is available at other resorts if you want change ressies and possibly save a buck (moderates and values) or if you really have your heart set on WL and would stay there regardless of codes. Decisons, descisions, :scratchin

Denise

If I have package booked through DU, can they apply a pin to our reservation?
Would they have checked when they made the reservation?

WishinOnaStar said:
Well, then how many AP holders have ever gotten a pin. This may be on another board sorry if it is. Just wondering.

I have an AP and have gotten two post cards in the past that offered the same rates as the AP rate at the time. Looks like the pin code is better this time. NOW where is my pin code! Got my AP rate though, so I am happy. :teeth:

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!