Questions for you DCL pros

ktb2002

DIS Veteran
I currently have 3 cabins booked on the Fantasy for May. I am cancelling one of the cabins. My 10 year old son and I will both be gold, and the other room is first timers. Would it be more trouble than it's worth to change my son to the other cabin, and to put one of them in mine then switch it back when we board so both cabins can have gold status? The only thing I was interested in booking was Palo brunch for myself and 1 person in the other cabin, I didnt know if I could get a single reservation then add her onboard, or if I should switch my son to the other room.

If you put a gold in each room, you'll get the Castaway gift (backpack) in each room. Each room will be invited to the reception.

As to Palo, it honestly won't matter. There is no such thing as a table for 1. If you book for yourself, it will be no trouble to add her later (or on board).

You may want to ask this question of DCL. I vaguely remember hearing that a child with Gold status does not give gold status to the room, because they can't be the primary person on the booking. That is perhaps wrong, but worth asking.

Thank you! I'm thinking it would be more trouble than its worth if I can easily add her to my Palo ressie. I thought I had read before that there were no single tables, and as far as PAT we will just wait to board at the later time if I can't get the same time for both. We aren't planning any excursions because there is a 2 year old in the group, so it's probably easier to leave it alone.

You may want to ask this question of DCL. I vaguely remember hearing that a child with Gold status does not give gold status to the room, because they can't be the primary person on the booking. That is perhaps wrong, but worth asking.

Not true. The CC level in each room is based on the highest level in the room (regardless if it's a child or not).

:cutie:

For those perks which apply to a cabin, the status is based on the highest level person in the room regardless of age.

For those perks which apply to an individual, they go only to those who have cruised enough to get them.

So if I were to switch my son to give both cabins Gold status as far as booking goes, do I check in at the port as normal then have them switched back at guest services? Or is this done in the terminal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter