Questions for regulars and locals:

indimom

Are We There Yet?
Which of these dates would have the lowest crowds (OR be preferred because of longer park hours)?

Dec. 17-25, 2011 (Christmas Break)
March 25-31, 2012 (Spring Break)
May 27-June 2, 2012 (Schools out, Memorial Day wknd)
June 3-9, 2012 (the week after Memorial Day)

I'm guessing that the December dates may have the lowest crowds, but also the worst possible weather and shortest hours.

:headache: DH & I swore we would never go back to Universal without staying on site. We :love: it. But.....

The kids have been begging for a camping trip and I did some looking and it seems there are two state campgrounds (very cheap and look clean and nice) within 30-40 minutes of Universal. This is not as bad as it sounds because we are accustomed to waking at about 5 a.m., so we would have time to eat at our campsite, and could still make rope drop on our park days.
There are also a couple private campgrounds (a bit more, but much closer and still nice enough).
So. . . I'm thinking aout it. :idea:

I wondered if any of you would even think about doing these dates without the Express Pass? School holidays are our only real option for a number of reasons. :sad2:. I just can't decide if we'll be happy doing this or if we should just camp somewhere else next year and save Universal for another time....:sad1:

If it makes any difference, we would get the four day passes. We love ALL the rides and haven't been to the WWoHP yet (last trip was in 2008). So, is this enough time to really enjoy the parks w/out Express or will we hate it???

Of the dates you've listed, June 3-9 will be your best bet for the lowest crowds. The weather is hot but not too bad...yet. You could do both parks w/o EPs for that entire week.

Of the dates you've listed, June 3-9 will be your best bet for the lowest crowds. The weather is hot but not too bad...yet. You could do both parks w/o EPs for that entire week.

:thumbsup2

Wow, I really didn't expect that. :thumbsup2

That's actually awesome because I'd rather go in the summer. Shoot, I might have to add a couple days and do the tickets that include Sea World, Aquatica and the other water park (?) if we go in the summer. :idea:

Well, here's hoping I can talk the hubby into it. I know he's going to be resistant. He really, really, really liked staying on site. :laughing:

Thanks for the quick responses!

I haven't been to Universal at any of those times but have been to Disney that week in June. Disney was not very crowded and was easy to get everything done without any lines, so I would expect Universal to be even better at that time. Many kids are still in school at the beginning of June.
The crowds started to pick up around 2nd weekend of June.

Another thumbs up:thumbsup2 for June 3-9. Our last 2 trips were during the week after Memorial wknd. and the park crowds were low and we all had a great time. It is a little warmer, but not real bad and enjoyable most of the day.

Wow, I really didn't expect that. :thumbsup2

That's actually awesome because I'd rather go in the summer. Shoot, I might have to add a couple days and do the tickets that include Sea World, Aquatica and the other water park (?) if we go in the summer. :idea:

Well, here's hoping I can talk the hubby into it. I know he's going to be resistant. He really, really, really liked staying on site. :laughing:

Thanks for the quick responses!

Staying on-site them dates where pretty cheap,as far as 5star resorts go.We figure it this way,staying at one of US resorts is like another theme park.Boat rides to CW and back.Or you can walk through some of the best landscaped walkways or a beautiful rick-shaw ride for a nominal tip.Pool hopping,best restruants and just the whole ambience that the three resorts put into there theme.

Another vote for early June here. Though Memorial Day unofficially kicks off the summer season, it doesn't start getting really heavy until close to the solstice (20-22).

Alright, now if I can just convince the old man, June it is.... :lmao:
It's not often you get this much agreement around here. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter