Questions for a January trip

BostonTigger

<font color=purple>I want the Swiss Family Treehou
Hello there everyone, I'm in need of advice. I'm considering changing the time of year I take my trip to WDW. I'm really considering taking the trip during the Christmas break before I head back to school for the Spring, and my final, Semester of school. So I'd like to ask a couple of questions. When do the Christmas decorations come down in WDW? Is it the very next day or sometime in January? I'm thinking of heading down the week after New Years, so with that in mind, what are the crowds like after New Years? And how are the prices for the resorts during this time as well? What's the weather like, is it cold or just cool...i.e. blue jeans and sweater weather....or light jacket? I'd appreciate any advice you can give.

steven

We were there Jan 13-17. It was considered value season. Very low crowds, no fastpass needed. The weather was in the upper 60's low 70's during the day and cooler at night. Even though we saw lots of people that were half-naked, we were very comfortable in windpants and long sleeve shirts during the day, and with a jacket over that for night. It was a nice time to go. The xmas decorations were still up in many places, but not all. We stayed at the Boardwalk and really loved it. It rained one day but the rest of the time, it was sunny and pleasant.

The decorations come down some time around Jan 7, so you'll be able to see them.

We were there the first week of Jan in 2001. The crowds were somewhat high at first and got lower throughout the week, but then they surged a little bit on the weekend because of the marathon.

Remember that if it is going to be cold in Florida, it will happen in January. That's not to say that it will be cold, but it could be. It actually froze when we were there. Watch the news before you go and pack accordingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter