Questions, first timer

godalejunior

DIS Veteran
Ok, I have a few questions. We are going 1/30-2/3.

1. We booked out travel through WDTC and are staying at HOJO's. I am now wishing I would have done Candy Cane. I don't think WDTC offers Candy Cane....how much are they a stickler on if you want to change hotels? Anyone have an experience with this?

2. Does Build A Bear have Disney characters? If we are staying off site, how does it work if we want to ride the monorail over from DL and then need to get back to our off site hotel? (Keep in mind we have a 5 year old). Should we just taxi? How late does the monorail run?

Thanks!!

godalejunior said:

1. We booked out travel through WDTC and are staying at HOJO's. I am now wishing I would have done Candy Cane. I don't think WDTC offers Candy Cane....how much are they a stickler on if you want to change hotels? Anyone have an experience with this?

2. Does Build A Bear have Disney characters? If we are staying off site, how does it work if we want to ride the monorail over from DL and then need to get back to our off site hotel? (Keep in mind we have a 5 year old). Should we just taxi? How late does the monorail run?

Thanks!!

Are you talking about Walt Disney World in FL or Disneyland in CA? This board is for WDW in FL. You might have better luck on the Disneyland board.

Deleted Post - That's what happens when you jump the gun. :rolleyes:

godalejunior said:

Thanks!!

You can get your questions answered on the Disneyland Board here on the DIS, but the Build A Bear had the Disney outfits when we were there. I don't know if the travel co. offers The Candy Cane Inn but I think it is within walking distance to DL. My BIL has stayed there several times and this is what they said.

* Don't pay attention to the Troll remark, I know what your talking about.

LvsTnk said:
You can get your questions answered on the Disneyland Board here on the DIS, but the Build A Bear had the Disney outfits when we were there. I don't know if the travel co. offers The Candy Cane Inn but I think it is within walking distance to DL. My BIL has stayed there several times and this is what they said.

* Don't pay attention to the Troll remark, I know what your talking about.

Sorry, my bad- it was a bit bizzare and maybe I've jumped the gun. Really does the monorail take you to your off site hotel? :confused3

VAgal76 said:
Sorry, my bad- it was a bit bizzare and maybe I've jumped the gun. Really does the monorail take you to your off site hotel? :confused3

Right now, the DL monorail doesn't take you anywhere. It's down for maintenance. But it does run through the Grand Californian and DTD. They did have a station for the monorail when we went in June at DTD, but when we were there in Sept it was closed, as was the entire monorail. The monorail doesn't go offsite.

You can pick up your offsite transportation not too far from the entrance to DL which you can walk to from Build-a-Bear.

One of the nicest features of the DL Resort is that everything is within walking distance, including the offsite hotels. I've only gone to DL twice (both times this year), so I can't help you with the locations of the offsite hotels.

I was in town for business and had the opportunity to go to CA Adventures. I was out voted so to speak so no seeing what I've been told is the "real deal." :rolleyes: We stayed at the Marriott and you could see the park from there. It was a long walk, but a quick cab ride to DTD.

Hope to see in the future. :thumbsup2

Lest any newbies be confused by the monorail remarks, it does not take you directly to any hotel, even the onsite ones. It takes you to DTD, and the station is toward the hotel-end of DTD. It's still a bit of a walk to the hotels, though maybe only 1/4 the distance of DTD.

Tiffany said:
Are you talking about Walt Disney World in FL or Disneyland in CA? This board is for WDW in FL. You might have better luck on the Disneyland board.

Now I'm confused. At the top of this page, it says this IS the Disneyland board.

ScrapperKimmyD said:
Now I'm confused. At the top of this page, it says this IS the Disneyland board.

Just a guess of course, but I bet it was originally posted on one of the WDW boards, then moved over here by a stealth moderator. ;)

Sorry, not sure about change policy with WDTC :confused3
But I don't think Candy Cane Inn is ever available through WDTC, or anyplace else for that matter. It's one of those smaller family operated places that you have to book directly, and usually fairly far in advance as well - so it might be a non-issue at this point. Have you checked to see if it's even available for your dates?
Both Candy Cane Inn and Ho Jo's get lots of good reviews though, so I think you'll be fine either way.

Looks like the monorail should be up and running for your dates. You would just hop on the monorail in Disneyland and ride it over to the Downtown Disney stop. The Build a Bear store is not too far from the monorail station. They have Disney outfits and I believe they do have a Winnie the Pooh bear now as well.
If the parks are still open when you're done at BBW you can ride the monorail back into Disneyland and head back to your hotel from there, but since the monorail stop in DL is tucked back in tomorrowland, I'm not sure that would be any shorter than just walking the straight shot through Downtown Disney back to the hotel shuttle area.

cats mom said:
Just a guess of course, but I bet it was originally posted on one of the WDW boards, then moved over here by a stealth moderator. ;)

Well, that makes sense. Thanks! I'm no longer confused. For now, at least. :rotfl2:

cats mom said:
The Build a Bear store is not too far from the monorail station. They have Disney outfits and I believe they do have a Winnie the Pooh bear now as well.
When we were there in late September they were selling Mickeys and Minnies to stuff. I think they were a limited edition, so maybe they're all gone? We almost did it, but we had just bought a stuffed Mickey for the trip, so passed. Though I think I might get DS2 a Pooh to stuff for Christmas, he just loves "Waddie Pooh"! He's been singing the Pooh song ever since we got back from vacation, so cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter