Questions concerning a late ADR at Lilo & Stitch's breakfast at the Poly

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
The only ADR we can get is at 10:55 AM. I'm concerned about this late ADR for several reasons. Will this late ADR effect the quantity & quality of the food? Will the characters have their parade so late in the morning? Do the characters leave the restaurant at a certain time? This will be our 1st day, after arriving the night before, and the kids are really looking forward to seeing the characters.

I've read several reviews about servers not being very attentive. Will they be less inclined to bring refills, etc, because they will be wanting us to hurry up and leave? I've also read about the long waits to be seated that many people have had, and that's been earlier in the morning. So that means we could potentially be seated really late that morning. If that's the case, how will the food & characters be?

I would appreciate hearing from those of you who have had experience with a late ADR at Lilo & Stitch's breakfast. Please let me know, both the pros & cons.

Thanks so much!

Good Questions!

I usually get an adr here for 9:30 - and they are always backed up - as they kinda divide the restaurant into "sections" letting each "section" completely empty - then they sit the whole "section" so the servers are concentrated on the new section, the characters are focused on the new "section" - they then have a good "timing" for the parade...

I really like that part, and believe it helps to create the right atmosphere for the characters to really interact - its the best we've seen from the characters... (but it leads to huge waits in the lobby!)

but I've not gone this late, so I'm glad you asked

Thanks for the info on the seating done by sections. That gives me a better understanding of this meal. When I was going thru the reviews, most of them were 9:30 as you had, or earlier. I'm really hoping to hear from someone who has had an ADR at 10:30 or later. Anyone?

The grandkids are really excited about this, and I don't want them to be disappointed. Thanks again!

We just ate at Ohanas in September. We had a 10:20 reservation and probably got seated around 10:30 if it even took that long, we didn't have much of a wait at all. We loved this breakfast. Our server was great and we had no problem with the characters. We actually saw them come around a few times I think because the restaurant wasn't very busy. They did the parade which my son absolutely loved. After this breakfast, Stitch became his new favorite character! I think you should have no problems. Remember that they wouldn't make that reservation time if they don't plan on being prepared for it. I would think that the characters are scheduled to stay until the last table has seen them.
Also, just arrive early to your ADR. You are seated according to the order that you check in, not the time on your reservation. Have a great trip!

Great thread. I also have a late breakfast ADR, 11:05am. I was getting a little concerned because the menus on allears.net have breakfast done being served at 11am. I checked 100 times to make sure that my confirmation email said breakfast with lilo and stitch. The whole reason a booked this breakfast is because my sister is a huuuge stitch fan.

I'm glad to read that someone has had a positive experience with a later seating at the Lilo & Stitch breakfast. That does make me feel better.

Thank you!

We also had a late reservation there on our last trip (I do not remember the exact time, but it was very close to 11:00). We were seated less than 10 minutes after checking in. The food and service was great. The only issue was we had to wait quite awhile for Mickey. The other characters all came right in a row when we first sat down. But we had been finished with our meal for some time before Mickey came to us. However, this occasionally happens at any character meal...so I do not know if it had anything to do with our late adr or not. They did still do the parade, and if memory serves me correctly it was at the very end of our meal. We had a great time!

Last December our reservation was either at 10:50 or 10:55 and we had a great experience. Nothing was left out because we had a later time. The restaurant was still full the entire time. I think that since they don't do lunch it really helps keep you from being rushed and missing anything.

Thanks everyone for your helpful & encouraging comments. After reading a post that mentioned an ADR after 11:00, I was curious if there were later ADR's than what we had. When checking, I was offered one at 11:20. I'm feeling very comfortable now with our 10:55.

Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts