Questions about Tusker House and Donald's breakie

Duckiedee

Every Day is Better at Disney
I hope I don't sound super stunned... but I'm confused whether this breakfast is in AK or at AKL? Or maybe there are two Tusker Houses???

We are aiming for an ADR of 8 a.m.

Two more questions...
If it is located in the park, obviously they will let us in for our ressies, but if we finish early (or is that not likely), does that give us an early lead getting to busier rides... aka can we walk around the park before 9?

TIA!

Tusker House is in AK and there is only one. In the morning it is Donald's Breakfast Safari and then for lunch and dinner it is just Tusker House that is a buffet (mind you the character meal is also a buffet). The breakfast is very good, you are going to enjoy it. As for the early ressie....we love to get ADRs before the park opens. Usually, at least in our own personal experience, it takes us roughly 45-50 minutes to finish a character meal then afterwards we have 10-15 minutes of walking around the park and taking really great pictures. It will feel like the whole park is opened for you. Then once you are done taking your pictures, head straight over to KS (which is right next to TH) because you will see a lot more of the animals since that is when they generally are out eating breakfast. This September we already have a 8am ADR and are very excited about it. Have fun.

Thank you! Thank you! I was finding places in UG that had it listed under both places, so I wasn't sure which was correct. It is not shown on the map in the 2009 guide... can you tell me the things it is closest to? THANK you for the tips about the animals! OMG, my girlie will be thrilled!

How early can you show up for your ressie, will you be able to step inside before 8?

Tusker House is located just over the bridge past Discovery Island in Africa. It will be on your left just over the bridge. They start letting you in at 7:45am for the those who have 8am ADRs. They should have your name on a list already but make sure you bring your Confirmation # just in case. FYI--after you do the safari, you may want to check out Rafiki's Planet Watch which is right next to the safari because it is a character spot with rare characters to meet and greet, plus there is a ton of very interesting things to do there as well.

What mont are you going?

Plan on getting there at least 45min ahead of time. I had an adr and waited over an hour and left without being seated. I guess you are allowed an unlimited amount of food.. And once people are inside they keep eating and eating and eating and eating... It was quite sad kids were crying because they were so hungry and couldn't see the characters...

We're going in October. About to make those ADRs... I'm hoping with a spot reserved at open, we won't have too much of a wait unless they overbook too much.

Just wanted to share that this breakfast has changed its character structure - Donald no longer comes to tables. He is available for a photo, just like with Cindy at CRT, but the difference is that they will try and sell you this photo, and I guess he is not available for autographs either. I have read about this on the boards, and have not experienced it myself, as we don't like this new set-up, but if you do a search, you'll find first hand experiences of this new set-up. This has apparently just changed recently. We were just there for lunch in March, and saw the set-up for it.

This breakfast is ok - I wouldn't say it's fabulous. It's very noisy, very rushed and a bit chaotic at times. It is the only place to see Daisy, so that's good.

Lastly, if you are going between 15-20 mins before park opening, you will not get in for breakfast. This has happened to us 3x and we've dealt with management many times over it. The entire park shuts down for safety reasons for the park opening celebration, so for about 20 mins, no one is allowed to the restaurant. The restaurant knows this, and I have suggested cancelling ADRs for this time period, and although they say it's a good idea, they haven't done it. This restaurant always runs behind, so at that time period, be prepared for huge waits even with ADRs as people are restricted from getting into the park at that time. So, go at least 25 mins before park opening, and you'll be ok.

Good luck - we have cancelled this off of our list due to Donald character changes, so I hope it works out for you.

Tiger

We went to Donald's breakfast 2 weeks ago because he is my DH's favorite. I would follow the advice of a previous poster and, if you get the 8 a.m. ADR, go about 30 minutes ahead of time. There is a ropedrop "preshow" that I'm sure they shut down the front of the park for.

Previous posters are correct - Donald does not go around to the tables. As the "host" he greets you outside, before entering. They will take your photo with Donald (the photographer takes one, and we had the cast member take one with our camera) then during hte breakfast the photographer comes around trying to see you a photograph package. We bought ours - it was around $35 - because they got a really great shot of Donald kissing me (a candid) and "formal pic" was great!

The food was, I felt, good, traditional buffet breakfast fare. But - having said that - I enjoyed the experience, loved seeing Mickey, Goofy, and Daisy, and would return.

Good luck!

Just wanted to share that this breakfast has changed its character structure - Donald no longer comes to tables. He is available for a photo, just like with Cindy at CRT, but the difference is that they will try and sell you this photo, and I guess he is not available for autographs either. I have read about this on the boards, and have not experienced it myself, as we don't like this new set-up, but if you do a search, you'll find first hand experiences of this new set-up. This has apparently just changed recently. We were just there for lunch in March, and saw the set-up for it.

This breakfast is ok - I wouldn't say it's fabulous. It's very noisy, very rushed and a bit chaotic at times. It is the only place to see Daisy, so that's good.

Lastly, if you are going between 15-20 mins before park opening, you will not get in for breakfast. This has happened to us 3x and we've dealt with management many times over it. The entire park shuts down for safety reasons for the park opening celebration, so for about 20 mins, no one is allowed to the restaurant. The restaurant knows this, and I have suggested cancelling ADRs for this time period, and although they say it's a good idea, they haven't done it. This restaurant always runs behind, so at that time period, be prepared for huge waits even with ADRs as people are restricted from getting into the park at that time. So, go at least 25 mins before park opening, and you'll be ok.

Good luck - we have cancelled this off of our list due to Donald character changes, so I hope it works out for you.

Tiger

I'm so glad you posted this. Our ADR is 8:30, so I will now be certain not to be running late. Sounds like we should aim to get to the AK parking lot with our car around 8 or just after. Thanks.

I'm so glad you posted this. Our ADR is 8:30, so I will now be certain not to be running late. Sounds like we should aim to get to the AK parking lot with our car around 8 or just after. Thanks.

Also, if we are on time for our ADR in early May, how far behind should I expect them to be for seating? I don't want my kids to be going hungry.

Tiger

I agree with everything you said 1000% percent. I went to the guest services at AK and complained.. The best they could do was give me a free fastpass. It helped but I was still very disappointed...

What mont are you going?

Plan on getting there at least 45min ahead of time. I had an adr and waited over an hour and left without being seated. I guess you are allowed an unlimited amount of food.. And once people are inside they keep eating and eating and eating and eating... It was quite sad kids were crying because they were so hungry and couldn't see the characters...
Many, many meals at Donalds, both the old and the new spots...I have experienced longish waits but not much more than 15 or 20 mins. If you get there, 45 mins before your ADR, you will be sent away. I tried that in Dec..arrived at the ADR podium about 25 mins before our ADR time. I was told to come back about 10 mins before my ADR time.

Tiger

I also have found this to be very annoying. When I was there in Dec, with an adult friend, we arrived at the restaurant about 15 mins before our ADR time..it was late in the morning, about 10am. There was a hugely long line and I started to panic. This had never happened to me before. Well, when we turned the corner, we saw that the line was there to see Donald!! Sure, you could take your own photo with him vs the photopass people's shot, but still..it added about 15+ mins to your wait. We delined the offer to 'see' Donald. It was much nicer when Donald freely walked around the restaurant. Just another chance for Disney to make a bit more money from us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter