Questions about the Disneyland backstage magic tour

My Gal Minnie

Mouseketeer
1) do they still visit Walt's apartment in Disneyland? I'm hearing different things. I don't see it listed on their website itinerary any more.

2) do they visit Walt's office that they newly restored at the studios?

Thanks!

We did go to the apartment, and at the studios Simone pointed to his office window, but it is in use by an employee so no visiting.

I think the apartment is not always included.

We go on our trip in December. We were told that the apartment is no longer offered on any tours because it is not ADA compliant. It does have an elevator,but apparently it isn't in the best of shape. So, they just don't do the tour anymore.

I'm not sure about his office

We go on our trip in December. We were told that the apartment is no longer offered on any tours because it is not ADA compliant. It does have an elevator,but apparently it isn't in the best of shape. So, they just don't do the tour anymore.

I'm not sure about his office
But they *are* offering a visit to the apartment on the Disneyland pre-day for the Annual Passholder Only China trip in July. So they apparently *will* offer it sometimes. Just not for BSM.

Special Pre-Night Experience
Included with the trip: enjoy a pre-departure overnight stay at the Disneyland® Hotel in California with special experiences at the Disneyland® Resort, surprise visits and behind-the-scenes experiences including visits to the Disneyland® Dream Suite and Walt’s Private Apartment.

Sayhello

Last edited:

But they *are* offering a visit to the apartment on the Disneyland pre-day for the Annual Passholder Only China trip in July. So they apparently *will* offer it sometimes. Just not for BSM.

Sayhello

Perfect example of exception to every rule :-)

Last edited:
Walt's apartment in DL was not ADA complaint and has been removed from the BSM.

It's my understanding thats being remedies, but I don't know when or if it will return.

The last time we did the Studios tour, we were told that Walt's office is being occupied by Chad Lowe (Rob Lowe's brother) and his production company.

Walt's office has been recreated for the film Saving Mr Banks, and BSM groups have visited the replica, but that is never promised. If it happens, it's a magical moment.

Thanks for the replys. If walts apartment isn't on the tour I don't know if I want to go. It was a huge incentive.

Hi Folks,

I have received the following from ABD:

Good morning Kevin,

Thank you contacting Adventures by Disney!

I just spoke with our partners and they have confirmed that although all activities are subject change, Walt's Apartment is still scheduled to be visited for the 2017 season.

The apartment is still not ADA compliant. You must be able to climb stairs to visit.

Hi Folks,

I have received the following from ABD:

Good morning Kevin,

Thank you contacting Adventures by Disney!

I just spoke with our partners and they have confirmed that although all activities are subject change, Walt's Apartment is still scheduled to be visited for the 2017 season.

The apartment is still not ADA compliant. You must be able to climb stairs to visit.
This is awesome news. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter