Questions About Sw Boarding Passes?

GIGIW

Earning My Ears
HI! I HAVE BEEN READING SOME OF THE POSTS REGARDING SW BOARDING PASSES. I HAVE NEVER FLOWN ON SOUTHWEST BEFORE. I BOOKED FLIGHTS BY PHONE FOR JULY. I KNOW THAT THEY ARE TICKETLESS. MY QUESTIONS ARE:
1. WHY DO YOU NEED TO PRINT OUT A BOARDING PASS AFTER 12:01? DO YOU NEED TO PRINT OUT A PASS FROM HOME PRIOR TO ARRIVING AT THE AIRPORT? DOES IT HAVE TO BE DONE THAT DAY OR CAN YOU PRINT IT OUT AHEAD OF TIME?

2. DO YOU NEED TO PRINT OUT ANOTHER BOARDING PASS WHEN COMING HOME? ALSO, DO YOU NEED TO PRINT OUT A PASS FOR YOUR WHOLE FAMILY?

3. WHAT IS AN "A" OF "C" PASS THAT I READ ABOUT.

SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS, :confused3 I JUST NEVER HEARD OF THE BOARDING PASSES! THANKS SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!! :wave:

Everyone that is flying needs to have a boarding pass. You need to do this both ways.

You have to wait until after midnight because that is the way Southwest has it set up. You don't have to check in online but then you would need to get to the airport very early.

Southwest doesn't assign seats so the sooner you get there the better pass you will get. A boards first, C boards last. If you don't mind your family being scattered around the plane then you don't need to get there early.

They hand out the passes between online and check in at the airport. So it is up to you which way you do it.

To pass through the security checkpoint you will all need boarding passes.

Welcome to the DIS. Also it is considered shouting to type in all caps. I am sure you will hear from others with some suggestions about flying Southwest.

Thanks so much for the answers safetymom! I was competely unaware that using all capitals was considered shouting. I feel so stupid for doing that. Thanks for setting me straight. I won't make that mistake again. Thanks again for your quick response. I love this board!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter