Questions about MK EMH (open til 2am)

Jen309

Earning My Ears
I’m taking a mother son trip with my kiddo late April. I see new EMH have posted for our arrival date, and MK is now open til 2am (!!!). When the parks are open that late,
1) What are the crowds like?
2) What rides stay open?
3) Do the restaurants (QS and stands) stay open too? We’re getting in at 9:30, and won’t have had dinner, lol!
4) Fast passes during EMH portion? I was able to wrangle a couple later ones, but the last times I saw open were til midnight. Just wondering if it’s worth it to check MDE for late late night times.

Thanks! Super excited to shut the place down with my boy!

This is one of our favorite things ever. This kids are disappointed if we don't get at least one night of sitting in front of the castle at 2am giving the "We did it!" thumbs up.

1. Almost always pretty low. Many families with small children have long hit the exits after the last HEA show, and for good reason. It won't seem that low at first, but hang in there.
2. Pretty much the same stuff that would be open at 10pm. Rides that close early for the approaching darkness, such as Tom Sawyer's Island, will be closed like normal.
3. They follow their usual posted hours. Some carts stay open, but it's definitely limited options that late. Casey's and the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor are notable exceptions. Never 100% guaranteed, but I've got a ton of pictures of the kids sitting outside Casey's or the Plaza eating a hot dog or ice cream at 2am.
4. FP's are not distributed during EHM.

This is one of our favorite things ever. This kids are disappointed if we don't get at least one night of sitting in front of the castle at 2am giving the "We did it!" thumbs up.

1. Almost always pretty low. Many families with small children have long hit the exits after the last HEA show, and for good reason. It won't seem that low at first, but hang in there.
2. Pretty much the same stuff that would be open at 10pm. Rides that close early for the approaching darkness, such as Tom Sawyer's Island, will be closed like normal.
3. They follow their usual posted hours. Some carts stay open, but it's definitely limited options that late. Casey's and the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor are notable exceptions. Never 100% guaranteed, but I've got a ton of pictures of the kids sitting outside Casey's or the Plaza eating a hot dog or ice cream at 2am.
4. FP's are not distributed during EHM.
Very helpful, thank you!! Son and are both night owls, and to be sprinkled with this luck on our short trip during an otherwise high crowd level week is amazing (I didn’t realize Easter was so late when I booked!)!

We just did this last week. MK was open until 1am. EMH was 11-1. We would have loved an extra hour!

I didn’t notice any rides closed other than Tom Sawyers Island, Splash Mtn and the Jungle Cruise. Pooh was open but down.

It seemed crowded at first but then it thinned out. We rode Pirates x2, Big Thunder x 3, Haunted Mansion x1, Magic Carpets x1, Buzz x1, and we ate a quick dinner at Cosmic Rays.

Our last ride was Big Thunder and the cast member closed the rope right at 1am.

Most Kiosks were closed. Casey’s was open and Cosmic Rays was open. If you look at the app that day you will see the adjusted hours that the restaurants are open.

The shops on Main Street were closed at 1am. They were not allowing people to go in. We exited the park around 1:30am. There were lots of photo pass photographers out on Main Street.

No FP during EMH (they’re not really needed).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter