Questions About Friend Joining Part of Trip

SmyleyMom

Earning My Ears
Hello! So I was planning a trip to Disney World with my sister for my 40th in December. She bailed so I decided to plan my trip and go alone. I’ll be arriving at my Disney hotel late on a Thursday in December and heading home on a Tuesday. Today I had a friend decide to come for part of my trip, Sunday through Tuesday.

She’s obviously going to stay in my room with me, but how does that work since she won’t be staying the whole time? Can she still use Magical Express? Can I link her tickets to mine so we can book Lighting Lane on the days she goes to the park with me? What about early entry? I’d like to add her to my hotel room, but not sure how that works since she isn’t staying the whole time with me. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hello! So I was planning a trip to Disney World with my sister for my 40th in December. She bailed so I decided to plan my trip and go alone. I’ll be arriving at my Disney hotel late on a Thursday in December and heading home on a Tuesday. Today I had a friend decide to come for part of my trip, Sunday through Tuesday.

She’s obviously going to stay in my room with me, but how does that work since she won’t be staying the whole time? Can she still use Magical Express? Can I link her tickets to mine so we can book Lighting Lane on the days she goes to the park with me? What about early entry? I’d like to add her to my hotel room, but not sure how that works since she isn’t staying the whole time with me. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I did this a couple of years ago, as a guest of friend, and they just setup a key card for the guest to use. I wasn’t the only person joining my friend though, so this worked out better. However, if you will be otherwise alone for the trip, you can just add her to the room reservation by calling and let them know she will arrive later. This may simplify planning.

Put them on the room reservation. Yes, she can do ME, and yes, you can link tickets. All possible. The ME you need to be careful with, make sure their date of arrival and flight are clear. If they have a MB and an MDE on their own, make sure it’s all linked and it will all work at the resort. If she doesn’t have a MDE account of her own, you could just do this all on yours, but that does create a small hassle to resolve if she ever decide to go again without you.

I’ve had folks join me later three times. Did need to call ME one time to get the late ones trip to the resort fixed up, but otherwise it’s all been smooth. Be sure to read the info about getting the LL stuff linked up.

Is your room booked as a package or room only? If it's room only I'd just put her on the reservation. There's no extra charge for a second adult, so it doesn't matter that she'll only be there part of the time.

Is your room booked as a package or room only? If it's room only I'd just put her on the reservation. There's no extra charge for a second adult, so it doesn't matter that she'll only be there part of the time.
It’s a package, which I think complicates things. Someone said I can add her once I check in? Would that still enable her to access the early 30 mins entry into the park?

It’s a package, which I think complicates things. Someone said I can add her once I check in? Would that still enable her to access the early 30 mins entry into the park?

I haven't done it myself, but from other threads here yes, I believe you can add her once you check in. And since she's arriving later than you, you should be able to then set up DME for her after she's added and she should get all the resort guest benefits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter