Questions about discount DLR ticket sites

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by lsumatt72, Sep 14, 2018.

1. lsumatt72

lsumatt72 Earning My Ears

I know LMT Club has e-tickets but if I were to purchase from getawaytoday or another site that does paper tickets, can you get your tickets for the week at the ticket booth or do you have to get them daily?

also, are there certain times of the year when these sites are more likely to offer free days on the multi-day tickets?

2. Winnowill

Winnowill DIS Veteran

Each person only gets one ticket, good for all days of your visit. This is true no matter where you get your tickets. No need to worry about daily tickets.

ETA: If your ticket is the kind that you can take straight to the turnstile, you will be given a credit-card sized piece of paper there, which is your official ticket. On a multi-day ticket, they will take your picture when you enter on the first day.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    smartlabelprint likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Kender

Kender DIS Veteran

Adding that they also take your picture with a one day ticket too. Not just multi day.

5. lsumatt72

so if I were to purchase from somewhere that does the paper tickets, I could go the day I arrive (wont be going in parks that day), get my tics for the week at the ticket center, and be ready to roll the following days?

6. sharksfinatic17

sharksfinatic17 DIS Veteran

If you buy your tickets from LMT Club, you take your ticket to the gate at the time of entry. They exchange your paper ticket or scan your app, and then take your picture and give you your Disneyland/CA ticket for the rest of your visit. I have never gone to the ticket center with my LMT Club tickets.

7. lsumatt72

Yea I get that but was wondering about the other sites that do the e-tickets like ares travel and getawaytoday

8. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

LMT will be cheaper. Do you have something against that site?

9. Drew Perri

Drew Perri Mouseketeer

LMT is cheaper, use it. Also dont waste your time going to the gate, scan the barcode from your email into the app or type it in, go to the turnstile and when they take ur photo they print out the hard ticket.

10. whitneyebz

whitneyebz Mouseketeer

How do you get tickets on LMT? I was going to do ares travel, but it sounds like LMT is cheaper...but you have to pay to be a member?

11. smartlabelprint

Try the code FORTRAVEL for a free year membership. If that’s not it just keep clicking no and they’ll eventually offer you a free membership. They even offered me $5 or $10/ year and I said no!

12. whitneyebz

whitneyebz Mouseketeer

Thank you! I got the free membership, and yep, the tickets are an awesome deal. I am excited that we are making our last minute disneyland trip possible!

13. My3crazymonkeys

My3crazymonkeys Earning My Ears

I have a question, need advice, on this topic. I’m buying 2 day, 1 Park tickets. LMT is $970 for my family. I can also get discount tickets through my husbands work. It would be $985. However, through work each ticket comes with a $25 restaurant.com Gift certificate. Do you think that’s worth it? Or just stick with LMT. Has anyone ever used restaurant.com?

14. smartlabelprint

Restaurant.com seems to be the better deal. Look on there to see if there are restaurants you’d eat at.

bumbershoot likes this.
  15. starshine514

starshine514 DIS Veteran

Eh. The restaurant.com certificate isn't worth much. It's been a while since I used them, but IIRC, the "certificate" was really a coupon for $25 off a $50 purchase (and could usually be purchased for about $3). I'd go with LMT and forego the restaurant.com certificate.

My3crazymonkeys likes this.
  16. Winnowill

Winnowill DIS Veteran

I've got something like $200 in restaurant.com credit, mostly for restaurants I don't care to go to. I'd stick with LMT.