questions about cash/cruise/--any veterans of 7 day that can help me out?

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
I am looking into a 7 day eastern for June 2004. I have the cash prices for two connecting category 10 rooms, and also for the category 4. The two category 10s are $2000 cheaper, but it's still $6300! According to the 2003 point charts I could use points for one adult in the cat. 4 and cash for the rest. I don't have enough points to do the two category 10 rooms with points--I would have to pay for one adult in each room, and don't have enough points. So if I went with the category 10s I would have to pay for one adult cash in one room, and two adults one child completely cash in the other. I understand that points go up every year, but I have 17 to spare for the one adult in the cat. 4!!
Do any veterans of cash/points use have any idea what the cash cost is for adults and children (all 12 and under) for the 7 day eastern? I am trying to determine the best cost before I even mention it to DH, and of course MS is closed. If it is more cost effective to pay cash for 4 of us and points for one of us, that's the way I'll go.
Robin M.

I went through a similar scenario when we went on a 7-day in 2002. I ended up just having to pay for one child, while using points for 2 adults and my other son.
Because of the point increase and want to go on a Western this time, there are dozens of point/pay combinations. What I found the first time around was simple. Call Member Services. They will provide you with the cost for any of the combinations you request. In general, I found that it is way cheaper to pay for the kids if that is an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter