Questions about buying Disney Pins on E-bay

NEWEARS2006

Mouseketeer
I was thinking about buying some trading pins on E-Bay in advance of our trip in August for trading at the parks. I have read on several threads that people got fakes. Can someone help me with what I am looking for when buying pins and how do I know if I am holding a non-tradeable pin.

Thanks.:flower3:

I've ordered twice from ebay seller: pincastle and he/she is great! All authentic pins. They are in lots of 10 - first time I paid $30 with priority shipping and this time under $25. . . so that is 20 pins for an average of $2.75 each INCLUDING shipping. They are all legit. . . I have traded most away, but picked lots with pins I liked too :)

There is a eBay store, *I Dream of Disney* and she is WONDERFUL. I'm ashamed to say how much money I've spent buying pins, but she's quick, fair and goes to the park alot to get the newest pins. She is fantastic.

Check out the disney collectible (I think they call it) board here-they have a whole bunch of pin experts there who will look at auctions for you and evaluate the pins offered.

I've bought scads from harval1. Therein lies the problem...

You need to make sure they are 'official Disney pins' and say that in the ad. If they say they are from Spain or have something like Sesmesda on the back they are fake pins and no CM will trade with you at all.

Look for pin lots you will usually get a better deal with the shipping of 20 pins vs 1-2. I try to watch for ones that with shipping I am paying under $2 each.I am usually just looking for traders for our next trip so this is a good price.

If you look under the collectors board you will find more information.

Happy Trading!

Bev

3rd vote for harval1 Great pins & service!

I have been picking up traders at the Disney Store as well. They have a Meet the Robinsons 3 pack on clearance for $4.75 and you can use the 15% off coupon from www.wishesgranteddaily.com as well :thumbsup2 We just traded a bunch of these 2 weeks ago with no problems. I was lucky enough to find 6 packages at the Disney Store today as well. None of the CMs had them on their lanyards and since they are small, they are really easy for my kids to carry and keep handy in their pocket for quick trading :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter