Questioning Spirit of Aloha

budafam

DIS Veteran
I have an ADR for 8pm on our Epcot day. It will be just me and my 4 year old daughter. We booked with the dining plan and only Category 3 seating was available. I'm considering switching it to Jiko or Artist Point... preferrably Jiko because it's much closer to our resort (Pop). I've heard awful reviews of the food but that really doesn't scare me off... it's the fact that we'll be seated so far away from the main stage. I'm afraid the show won't keep my daughter's attention. There's also a 5:55 Garden Grill available but then we have another credit on our hands... lol... I don't know what to do!!!

I'd say that your instincts are correct. SOA won't be that much fun for a 4 year old in the cheap seats. Of your other options, I would pick the Garden Grill. Can't say that Jiko or Artist Point would be much of a treat for a 4 year old. I enjoy both places, but they are just about the least Disney-esque restaurants out there.

we had tier one and we were fine there..this past year...and when I looked around...the other two tiers were not that bad...I think your dd would be fine in that area...the atmosphere everywhere is awesome and the food was pretty good...Our two grandkids also ordered (when we were seated) kids meals...mac and cheese, hot dog, and chicken tenders....but they loved all of the other food too...We have been twice with the kiddos and they enjoyed the music and the singing and the dancing around...no matter where we sat..
we have been maybe 8 or so times there...with different people and with different grandkids...

I think she would enjoy it plus she can dance with them during a certain point which most little kids like, not all. We have been several times and always loved the show and food.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Thanks! I think I'm going to end up keeping it. I went to book the Garden Grill that I had found and it's gone so maybe that's a sign :thumbsup2

This is our first trip to WDW, but we are also taking our daughter to SoA. She is four, but we paid out of pocket for Category 1 seating. I hope it's a hit with both our girls!

the first time our grandkids went....they just sat there in awe....they loved it..
Have a good time everyone

With a 4 year old I think SoA is a fine choice, and the seating should not be a problem. If you still want to change it out, though, for her age I'd suggest Mickey's Backyard BBQ instead. She's the perfect age for that one, too, and it's also 2 credits (and also gives you adult beverages with your meal).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter