Question??? Since when is MyPoints or Bzz considered a Disney reward exclusively?

I'm sorry that you read an attitude into my reply. It certainly wasn't meant to be judgemental or harsh. That's the problem with the written vs. the spoken word. You can't hear the tone or inflections with the written word and it can come across entirely different from the way the author intended.

However, the Budget Board has been more and more off-topic lately and as Dagny mentioned back in April ( http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1790801&page=1&highlight= ), we need to get back to budget-related topics. There are forums on the DIS for discussing family, cooking, pin trading, offsite resorts, the DDP and a plethora of other topics. It would be nice if our members would take the time to explore those areas. But if you should post a thread to the Budget Board that is more appropriate to another board, then it's not a big deal. The moderators can just move the thread to where it is better suited and leave a redirecting link to show you where it went. No one is going to chide you for posting in the wrong forum.

That is my whole point. Using a free gift card for back to school shopping and therefore saving $50 for MY budget IS BUDGET related. Writing about receiving my card in order to start that shopping is in no way related to a Disney Reward Forum.

Hmmmmm I guess I need to resurrect my old Panty Swap thread so I will fit in.

So ...considering CVS requires a reward card to save money and get the good deals all of those threads will now go to the Rewards board ....correct????
No, CVS discussions can remain on the Budget Board if those members who participate in those threads would like to continue to do so.

It has been going on for awhile now with others. I think the mods are just leveling the playing field.

I think the idea of a board here dedicated to rewards programs is great. The problem is with its' location. It is all the way at the end of the list. I personally think it should be right under the budget board or even a sub-category of the budget board. That way ALOT more people would find it and benefit from the information presented there!
Not wanting to beat a dead horse, but I agree with HayGan. It just seems to me that making money(Rewards) and saving money(Budget) go hand in hand. But I totally understand that it is not easy to make a move/change like that.

That's great, but what if the people that participate in the Buzz threads would like to keep it here?

Oh but you see???? THAT would make sense and we would not want anything to make sense around here. CVS uses a rewards card and gets to be posted on the budget board. Discussions about Bzz opportunites for FREE products (deciding to accept or not, trying to understand the new system, etc.) have to go to Disney Rewards program forum. It's all about not making any sense these days.
Basically it seems to depend on who it is that is doing the posting I guess. Some Bzz threads are still here some are moved...make sense yet???? NO????:confused: well...NOW you have the right idea!!!

Oh but you see???? THAT would make sense and we would not want anything to make sense around here. CVS uses a rewards card and gets to be posted on the budget board. Discussions about Bzz opportunites for FREE products (deciding to accept or not, trying to understand the new system, etc.) have to go to Disney Rewards program forum. It's all about not making any sense these days.
Basically it seems to depend on who it is that is doing the posting I guess. Some Bzz threads are still here some are moved...make sense yet???? NO????:confused: well...NOW you have the right idea!!!

I wouldn't take it so personally. I don't envy the job of the mods for this board. Some posters think it is a free for any and all posts (frustrating for them and for many of us regular board visitors as well.) I don't think they are playing favorites by moving some posts and not others. I just think in most cases it is easier for them when something is a clearly rewards program post to just move it over to that board. Sadly, mostly because of its' location, that board does not get used much. I don't think the mods are playing favorites, it is just easier to move those things.

I agree with what some have said that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I hope that something will change to make it easier for us all to learn how to save a little more money (in various different ways) for our Disney vacations. I hope that the webmasters will really take a look at this situation and understand that making the budget and rewards program boards linked more closely together can only help improve the situation on both boards and increase the level of involvement on both boards as well as reduce some of the burden on the mods.

But those are just my $.02 :)

Thank you... at least we can agree to disagree!:goodvibes Your words just sounded differently then they were intended to sound I guess.

If I might add a few things just for consideration, since you said you would consider others suggestions...

I know that apparently the name can not be changed for the Disney Rewards Board - but the name is very misleading and you are going to have to to do something to dispell that or new and old visitors alike will continue to ignore it. I am not sure what the answer is, but something obviously has to be done. I myself have visited the rewards board on occassion and found it to be nothing more than a QR board full of one word threads that to some are probably awfully confusing!

And then there is the fact that because of the repetitiveness of the QR stuff on theat board posts are very quickly removed from the front page, in time that may change as more people start using it but for now I think you are going to find that people are going to have to keep bumping their own thread in order to be seen. That I would think could be a huge problem for you all.

And I really think you might have to create a new thread or perhaps better yet a sticky to clearly show what people should be posting on the rewards board here in the budget board. You know where does Pinecone, Coke Rewards, CVS, Bzz Agent, etc. fit in? It just might help people familiarize themselves with the process - cause right now it is all kind of confusing.

Whether it is intended or not, and for whatever reason, you are breaking up a family, community that up until now has seemed to do a pretty good job of recruiting members, monitoring themselves, creating and keeping interest, being compassionate, feeling comfortable, the list simply goes on and on. Looking at all the various threads under these guidelines thaT you are suggesting over 80% of them should be relocated. The way I see it the Budget Board will become a very boring place.

I for one will not be posting on the community board, it is just not the same friendly environment. And neither will I sort through the cooking/food board to find a quick recipe which I know my budget friends would readily provide.

That being said, I will leave this topic alone, (I think!) and hopefully once the dust settles - it will all work out okay! :goodvibes

I used to frequent the rewards board years ago when I did Quickrewards, etc and the board was filled with threads about the answers to that day's trivia questions for others to earn points from their rewards programs. There were very few real threads, which is why, years ago, I moved to the Budget Board. On the Budget Board there were real threads where you could get information about budget related items. If the mods are now trying to change the rewards board so it contains more actual threads, not just postings of trivia questions, that is their decision. But the reason so many budget-boarders are here (and starting threads here), is because the Rewards Board had been, for the most part, a trivia answer site.
FWIW, I would love to see bzzzagent and other threads stay here, or move the location of the Rewards Board. :thumbsup2

Whether it is intended or not, and for whatever reason, you are breaking up a family, community that up until now has seemed to do a pretty good job of recruiting members, monitoring themselves, creating and keeping interest, being compassionate, feeling comfortable, the list simply goes on and on. Looking at all the various threads under these guidelines thaT you are suggesting over 80% of them should be relocated. The way I see it the Budget Board will become a very boring place.

Maybe the OT threads should have never been allowed to stay. :confused3

Many of us complained when the budget board first started to change. We wondered why the OT threads weren't moved to the correct boards. Some of us come here for the budget/sales threads.

When I have a question about DCL, I post it on the cruise boards. If I want to know about park hours, I head to the theme park boards.

If you allow OT threads to remain on one board, then it would have to be allowed on the other boards.

No matter what the mods do, they won't be able to please everyone.

Maybe the OT threads should have never been allowed to stay. :confused3

Many of us complained when the budget board first started to change. We wondered why the OT threads weren't moved to the correct boards. Some of us come here for the budget/sales threads.

When I have a question about DCL, I post it on the cruise boards. If I want to know about park hours, I head to the theme park boards.

If you allow OT threads to remain on one board, then it would have to be allowed on the other boards.

No matter what the mods do, they won't be able to please everyone.

Which is fine IF they remove all OT threads and not selectively pick and choose! But to pick one or two out of the thousands of OT posts is not fair no matter how you look at it! OT is OT and if you are not going to allow it then you have to stick to it and constantly move and enforce! Other wise it not only negects the purpose but causes bad feelings and hostility... a sort of discrimination if you will! And this is very much so the case as even when this all started only a few threads were moved when over 80% of the threads at the time were OT...EXPLAIN THAT AWAY!!

Which is fine IF they remove all OT threads and not selectively pick and choose! But to pick one or two out of the thousands of OT posts is not fair no matter how you look at it! OT is OT and if you are not going to allow it then you have to stick to it and constantly move and enforce! Other wise it not only negects the purpose but causes bad feelings and hostility... a sort of discrimination if you will! And this is very much so the case as even when this all started only a few threads were moved when over 80% of the threads at the time were OT...EXPLAIN THAT AWAY!!

With all the things happening on the DIS(bangate 08 for example) I find it hard to get worked up about OT threads getting moved to the correct boards.

Then again I was one of those who complained about them being here to begin with.:duck: :lmao:

I'm sure (or at least I hope) it's just a matter of time before they'll have all of the OT threads moved to the proper place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter