Question for us Newbies…

Qwerty1_04

Earning My Ears
This is a massive amount of stuff to look through. While browsing, I constantly come across all of these abbreviations and acronyms with not enough context for those of us out of the loop to understand… is there already someplace we can find some common ones, or could someone list some of the common ones?

thanks in advance!

I don't think there's a list anywhere, but I can give you about 20 right now you might want to be aware of.
HS- Hollywood Studios
MK- Magic Kingdom
AK- Animal Kingdom
TL- Typhoon Lagoon
BB- Blizzard Beach
DS/DD/DGD/DGS/DH/DW etc- I hate this one because why not just write son or daughter or wife or husband or grand-daughter, but the D stands for Dear
LL- Lightning Lane (formerly Fast Pass)
ILL$- Individual Lightning Lane (the paid for individual rides not included in the upcharge LL)
FOP- Flight of Passage
EE- Expedition Everest
ROTR- Rise of the Resistance
SDMT- Seven Dwarves Mine Train
BTMR- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
SM- Space Mountain
CR- Contemporary Resort
GF- Grand Floridian
CBR- Caribbean Beach Resort
POFQ- Port Orleans French Quarter
POR- Port Orleans Riverside
ASM- All Stars Music
AoA- Art of Animation Resort
BBB- Bippity Boppity Boutique
CRT- Cinderella's Royal Table
BOG- Be Our Guest (Restaurant)
CM- Cast Members (Disney employees)

Hopefully this gives you enough of an idea to get you started. If you see any more you don't know just post here and I can let you know what they are.

I don't think there's a list anywhere, but I can give you about 20 right now you might want to be aware of.
HS- Hollywood Studios
MK- Magic Kingdom
AK- Animal Kingdom
TL- Typhoon Lagoon
BB- Blizzard Beach
DS/DD/DGD/DGS/DH/DW etc- I hate this one because why not just write son or daughter or wife or husband or grand-daughter, but the D stands for Dear
ILL$- Individual Lightning Lane (the paid for individual rides not included in the upcharge LL)
FOP- Flight of Passage
EE- Expedition Everest
SM- Space Mountain
CR- Contemporary Resort
GF- Grand Floridian
ASM- All Stars Music

Hopefully this gives you enough of an idea to get you started. If you see any more you don't know just post here and I can let you know what they are.
Thank you, this helps a ton. The one that made me ask was seeing DS all over… thanks again!

HS- Hollywood Studios
MK- Magic Kingdom
AK- Animal Kingdom
TL- Typhoon Lagoon
BB- Blizzard Beach
FOP- Flight of Passage
EE- Expedition Everest
SM- Space Mountain
CR- Contemporary Resort
GF- Grand Floridian
ASM- All Stars Music

this is so helpful, thanks!!!

Then, there's DVC for Disney Vacation Club, the Disney timeshare.

Even though we've been Members for over 5 years, some of those still confuse me at times.

You may see RR, RIV or RVA for Riviera Resort. And the Grand Floridian villas are usually VGF because the actual name is the Villas at the Grand Floridian. Similarly, Wilderness Lodge's original villas were VWL but were later renamed Boulder Ridge. Around here, you'll see the old-timers use VWL while others call it BRV. The newer villas at WL are CCV for Copper Creek Villas.

Go figger!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter