Question for travel agents

Susie63

Dreamin' of Disney
I found a flight through ITA Matrix yesterday. It is a great price, direct flights and on the days I want.....wooohooo! However, when I check the airline directly that flight is waaay more money. I printed out the itinerary with fare and booking details as well as the fare construction. If I take that to a TA can they replicate that flight or am I out of luck.

I would look closely at the exact flights that were offered on ITA matrix, that they are in CAD, and the you have checked the box to only check flights with seats available. As we are heading the same way the same time as you, I did a quick check from YEG and it came up with a $315 return flight to LAX, but in looking much closer, the plane stopped in Toronto. (that was a looonnngg out of the way travelling just to head south). Direct to LAX is showing $415 CAD, and that is the same on WJ site as well. You can copy the matrix booking info into a bookwithmatrix website, and then see if you can still get the cheap seats.

TA's don't normally have access to flights cheaper that you or I could get, they sell the seats at the Airlines price, and get their money from selling you the extras, Hotel commission, insurance sales, ticket sales, etc.

Last edited:
I would look closely at the exact flights that were offered on ITA matrix, that they are in CAD, and the you have checked the box to only check flights with seats available. As we are heading the same way the same time as you, I did a quick check from YEG and it came up with a $315 return flight to LAX, but in looking much closer, the plane stopped in Toronto. (that was a looonnngg out of the way travelling just to head south). Direct to LAX is showing $415 CAD, and that is the same on WJ site as well. You can copy the matrix booking info into a bookwithmatrix website, and then see if you can still get the cheap seats.

TA's don't normally have access ti flights cheaper that you or I could get, they sell the seats at the Airlines price, and get their money from selling you the extras, Hotel commission, insurance sales, ticket sales, etc.
Yes to all the above. Thanks for the tip about book with matrix website.

Yes to all the above. Thanks for the tip about book with matrix website.

Good luck! Post back what you find. What part of the Christmas season are you planning on going? We are looking at the first full week of Dec, as we find that everything is fully active, and the crowds are not there. Plus I get to have the fresh candycanes.... OMG good stuff.

Good luck! Post back what you find. What part of the Christmas season are you planning on going? We are looking at the first full week of Dec, as we find that everything is fully active, and the crowds are not there. Plus I get to have the fresh candycanes.... OMG good stuff.
No luck on book with matrix. I emailed the itinerary to myself and I can't paste that in. I can find flights for $327 pp return so I think I will book those. Seems like a great deal at Christmas.
We are heading down on the 20th for 2 days in the parks and then back in the parks for 3 days on December 31. New Years eve in Disneyland!!! I am so excited. I have family who are snowbirds in Yuma Arizona and we will travelling back and forth.

I found a flight through ITA Matrix yesterday. It is a great price, direct flights and on the days I want.....wooohooo! However, when I check the airline directly that flight is waaay more money. I printed out the itinerary with fare and booking details as well as the fare construction. If I take that to a TA can they replicate that flight or am I out of luck.

I am not a TA, but here is an article that helped me when I was in the same boat: https://www.hipmunk.com/tailwind/accordion_post/search-flights-found-on-ita-matrix/ Good luck!

Stumbled across this so I came back to your post....haven't checked it out yet, but will soon: bookwithmatrix.com
You can just copy the fare construct and paste it into the box.

No luck with my TA. She could not pull up those flights. Too bad. I found them again yesterday. $305 return YEG LAX direct. Insert sad face here. Waaaah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter