question for those who to me back to mco then switch to dcl to port

Tiggerfan14

Mouseketeer
Ok, trying to figure out the best way to do this. We are staying at the pop for 2 nites before the cruise. We wanted to rent a car for at least one day wanted to head to city walk and then do a publix stop. Trying not to have to handle all that luggage.so much. That being said when people take The ME back to the airport and then take The DCL to port how does the ME people know that your luggage needs to go to DCL and not to a plane? Do the luggage tags they give you with you say you are going to the port?:confused3
Thank goodness we have alot of time to figure stuff out. This is all so mind boggling! LOL but fun:thumbsup2

If you take ME to the airport in order to catch the DCL bus, you have to take your luggge with you. You will need to then take your luggage with you to the DCL counter and then the luggage will be stowed under your DCL bus with you. Once you get to the port, your luggage will be taken, after being tagged, and placed in your stateroom later in the day. ME will not transport your luggage to DCL.

If you are already going to pay for DCL transportation, I would strongly recommend looking into a moderate hotel that DCL picks up from (POR, POFQ, Caribbean Beach). That way, your luggage will be picked up from your hotel room and taken to the ship. You don't need to do any handling and you don't need to take an hour ride to the airport and then another hour to the port.

If you are set on staying at the value resort, you can take a taxi over to one of the resorts that DCL picks up from, instead of hauling everything back to the airport.

Thanks, I know for the magical express our luggage goes with us, but wasnt' sure what the tags they give you to put on the luggage would be usually they are what airline you are on. I wasn't sure if the tags would direct the Magical express people to give our luggage to the DCL people. Thanks for the other info about the cab , that is a thought also. How was your western cruise, never been so very excited.

You will have a great time on the Western. As you can see, we recently just booked our 2nd Western Caribbean next spring. Yes, it is very exciting.

Thanks, I know for the magical express our luggage goes with us, but wasnt' sure what the tags they give you to put on the luggage would be usually they are what airline you are on. I wasn't sure if the tags would direct the Magical express people to give our luggage to the DCL people. Thanks for the other info about the cab , that is a thought also. How was your western cruise, never been so very excited.

If you take ME to the airport you would have to take your luggage off the ME bus and bring it to the DCL Transfer bus area and give it to CM's there.

Another option is to just keep the rental car overnight and return it at a port location the morning of the cruise. The drive is a simple one to the port from WDW (a little over an hour) and may be cheaper than paying for the DCL transfers. Avis, Budget, Thirfty, Hertz have rental offices near the port and will provide shuttles to take you to the ship once you drop off your car. A great website for discount car rental codes is www.mousesavers.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter