Question for those who booked from the UK

OrlandoMagic

DIS Veteran
Did you pay for your cruise in GBP though the DCL website?

I did, and when I rang DCL the other day to purchase Rain Forest day passes I was told I couldn't pay in advance because it's in US dollars and I paid in a different currency.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

I've always booked and paid in $$ but I know of others who have had the same problem as you. Once you pay in £ they won't let you pay for or add any extras. You'll have to wait until you get on the ship to book.

Hi we had this problem on our last Disney cruise. It was our silver wedding and my husband wanted to book order some extras and although he could complete the booking form Disney would not accept the request. I think this is such dreadful customer service from a company that is so customer centric. There is no reasonable explanation why you can't order and pay in dollars even if booked in GBP.

We normally always paid in $s, but this time round we paid in £s. I am not too bothered about purchasing anything in advance, but I wonder if I can still add an some money to my account before the cruise. I was intending to do this on pay day.

Corinna

Just wanted to check it wasn't only me who had this problem.

Does anyone know if you can purchase one day passes to the Rainforest Room on the ship? I keep reading mixed answers.

Thanks.

Wanted to get some in stateroom gifts and had the same response. I hope this issue has no baring when making reservations for things like Remy

I had no problem booking my shore excursions and Palo so I think you will be fine with Remy.

Corinna

Hi

Our first cruise was booked with a TA in £s. I had no problem in buying gifts for the stateroom in $. Our second cruise was booked through DCL and in $ and again I had no problems with buying gifts.

I have heard this quite a few times that people are having problems in buying gifts for the stateroom because they have paid in £s. Maybe if you speak to a supervisor they might be able to sort something out for you.

I know if I have this problem when trying to purchase gifts for our Med cruise next year I will be asking to speak to a supervisor as I have never had a problem before.

Good luck with the supervisor!!!! We tried everyone with no avail - really disappointed at the poor service from Disney. Will be interested to hear how you get on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter