' Question for those that have used a rollaway for 5th person... | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Question for those that have used a rollaway for 5th person...

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by KateSpade79, May 16, 2018.

1. KateSpade79

KateSpade79 Earning My Ears

Where do they place it for you at HRH? Here is why I ask- first and only stay at Portofino they put it right in front of the drawers/fridge/TV. It was a very nice, big, & comfortable rollaway but we had to walk around it and I would have to move it to get into the drawers. So even though those rooms are really big that made it feel smaller. Would like to have it over in the corner by the desk but the man who brought it in said no. We just returned from RPR and it was a smaller bed but still comfortable they put it by the window and that was much better for space. Too bad the bathroom was so awkward so we probably won't stay there again. We are booked for HRH is September and I was just curious what they do. We loved Portifino! Did anyone have any other experience there?

2. damo

damo Proud Redhead

I would just move it wherever you want it. I'm pretty sure we had the cot over by the window at PBH.

bumbershoot likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. pattyw

pattyw DIS Veteran

We had a rollaway at HRH and we had them put it between the bed and the window. We moved the chair and it fit fine there. It didn't take away much of our space. It was very comfortable!!

5. disneysnob

disneysnob Mouseketeer

We are staying at RPR in a few weeks for the first time. Just curious about the bathroom......is it really that "bad" ? What makes it so awkward? We also have 5, so we need a roll-away. I'm assuming from other reviews it's going to be tight, but it's only for 2 nights so hopefully we'll manage.

6. schumigirl

schumigirl It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

We’ve never found it awkward......not quite sure what that means as the layout is good with the sink being outside, so folks can use that while someone is in the shower or using the bathroom.

We love the bathroom layout there!

Of course some folks don’t like the barn door style.....some complain you lose some privacy......but that doesn’t bother us.......even when there was 3 of us when our adult son came with us last December........it’s fine......we’re family after all!!

With 5 yes, it won’t be as spacious as it will be with just 2 folks, but I suspect you won’t be hanging around the room much with your 2 nights stay........

We don’t mind being in the same room with our son.........we all kinda like the closeness actually........

I always feel a little sorry when I read folks don’t like being in close proximity to their family for any length of time on vacation.......it’s an adventure........sounds like you’ll be just fine there.......

Hope you have a wonderful trip..........:wave2:

7. damo

damo Proud Redhead

The last time we stayed at RPR (last fall), we asked for a room with a tub since we had the baby with us. The bathroom was just like the PBH bathrooms. Large and with everything contained in one room. That was the first time, after many stays, that we encountered a bathroom like that at RPR.

8. disneysnob

disneysnob Mouseketeer

Phew...thanks for the info. I actually like that, too, because sometime you just need to use the sink. We originally booked the PBH for $60 more/night, but after thinking about it, and reading some reviews that the "extra" space there was mostly in the bathroom area, we figured we'd use the saved money on something more practical. We are a family of 5, (3 "early adult" kids) so, yes, we expect it to be tight (two will even have to share a bed!:scared:) But this isn't our first rodeo in a hotel room. Though not sure we could ever do more that a couple of nights :). By the time we all get on each others nerves, we'll be heading down to a 2 bdr Marriott on Palm Beach.:rolleyes1

schumigirl likes this.
  9. KateSpade79

KateSpade79 Earning My Ears

What I meant about awkward was the lack of privacy. You couldn't lock the door if you wanted to and the biggest problem was there was no fan to turn on in the shower area. So if anyone was using the bathroom you could hear a pin drop out in the room. It was a very nice bathroom except for that :) Our trip was somewhat of a nightmare a couple of weeks ago. RPR was lovely and so was our room (we had a beautiful view of Dr.Doom fear fall, hulk and the water taxis) and we booked standard view. My daughter started running fever on the way down and was very sick when we got there. My husband got sick the next day and then me (we had the flu). My youngest 2 avoided it somehow but we spent A LOT of time in that room I don't think I would want to see it again. We were so looking forward to this trip...the weather was perfect and very low crowds in the park. We were sick almost the entire time and could barely get out of bed. We had to order room service just to feed everyone. We somehow avoided getting the flu the entire flu season/winter and couldn't believe we were so sick in May! We are looking forward to our next trip in September and pray nothing crazy happens!

10. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead Moderator

KateSpade79...sending you Mummy Dust so no repeats of illness on your September trip!

KateSpade79 likes this.