Question for those "In the know"

livndisney

DIS Veteran
We recently encountered two REALLY wonderful employees at IOA. They went above and beyond to create a great experience for my DD. I did thank them, but wanted to make sure their Managers knew as well. The Manager on duty was not able to speak with me, but we did stop into Guest Services and wrote a little note about what happened. Is there anyway I can follow up? I included my email address and was told I would hear from someone-but haven't. I know this is the busy season, but I don't want this to fall through the cracks if you know what I mean. These two team members totally did not have to do what they did (Not even sure they realize what a great job they did). But their actions made it possible for my DD to enjoy IOA like she never has before, Grinch and all LOL.

So all of you "in the know"-Will the right people get to read my note at some point or is there somehting else I should do?

Usually it will take a couple weeks at least for the good comment to reach those involved (not sure why it takes so long), but it will reach those you commented on. As far as someone calling you i can't answer that one since I don't knw how guest services works. Glad to hear they made your day though and as a fellow park worker, i amsure they will be happy to be getting rare recognition for their actions.

I had the same thing happen too me when I brought my DS15 and DD17 to HHN.The TM went well out of her way to bring me too guess servive and they really made our trip extra spieacial at no extra cost..Way beyond the call of duty for anyone that works there and I really dont think it falls on deaf ears!!:thumbsup2

I hope the letter I wrote too the mannagment fell in the right hands..

\Too us they go out of there way too insure you have a great time:thumbsup2

Dont look at the negitive things that peeps wright about Universal..There is alot of good TM's that work there and will go out of thier way to give you mummy dust too remember till your next vaccation..:thumbsup2

Usually it will take a couple weeks at least for the good comment to reach those involved (not sure why it takes so long), but it will reach those you commented on. As far as someone calling you i can't answer that one since I don't knw how guest services works. Glad to hear they made your day though and as a fellow park worker, i amsure they will be happy to be getting rare recognition for their actions.

I promise more then one a week.I just dont get why peeps think of US as A second rated park:confused3 ..We have been going there since the early 90"s and never had a bad exprience-a few glitches yes-but nothing that ever ruined our vaccation at all:thumbsup2 (I guess we are the lowest denomiater:rotfl: )

i always let guest services be aware when a tm impresses me by them going out of their way to help me.

when i talk to the tm's at gs, they write it down and tell me the supervisor will be notified of my comments. my comments are of praise for a TM, not a complaint.

I don't think a guest's comments would fall through the cracks.
I believe the tm's in gs are very efficient in their jobs and do follow universal procedures on submitting the comments left by the guests.

i was surprised to receive a letter from universal on one of my comments of praise left at gs.

they thanked me for taking my time out to let them know of the good work of the employee.

i have left positive comments on TM's over the years.
only once i have received a note back which was unusal.

I had the same thing happen too me when I brought my DS15 and DD17 to HHN.The TM went well out of her way to bring me too guess servive and they really made our trip extra spieacial at no extra cost..Way beyond the call of duty for anyone that works there and I really dont think it falls on deaf ears!!:thumbsup2

I hope the letter I wrote too the mannagment fell in the right hands..

\Too us they go out of there way too insure you have a great time:thumbsup2

Dont look at the negitive things that peeps wright about Universal..There is alot of good TM's that work there and will go out of thier way to give you mummy dust too remember till your next vaccation..:thumbsup2

:confused3 I know there is a lot of negative comments out there. That is one of the reasons I want to do everything I can to make sure the POSITIVE comments are heard by the right people.

You can call 407-224- 4233. After the spiel: Choose option number 9 (to speak to a Guest Service Ccoordinator). They can double check for you.

When a team member gets a positive comment, their manager is contacted within the hour. The manager then informs the team member either that day or the next time the team member works.

You can call 407-224- 4233. After the spiel: Choose option number 9 (to speak to a Guest Service Ccoordinator). They can double check for you.

When a team member gets a positive comment, their manager is contacted within the hour. The manager then informs the team member either that day or the next time the team member works.

Thank you Phantom!

In 3 years of going to Universal, i have never had any bad experiences, quite the opposite

I was very impressed by the treatment we got at Universal, IoA, the resorts, etc. on our first trip. I hadn't thought at the time to take down the names of all the employees that impressed me, and there was a LONG list. I was told by a TM that if I emailed my comments through the website, that the TMs would get the feedback. This next trip, I'm taking names in a notebook!

Tamie

Or several days later, depending on the supervisor/manager. :rolleyes1

I have left comments about good service, and the next time i went to the parks i saw the person and they thanked me. Good comments about employees i have made, as far as i know have always made it back to the employee. :cool2:

Thanks for providing that information.

I'm a big Uni fan, but I noticed on our trip last week, CM's were really, really on the ball and doing a great job.

Now that I'm sitting down thinking about it, they really were spectacular. Of course the staff at RPR was awesome. But the CM's were awesome! I really hope they are putting a big push on customer service. It's the one thing most people put them down for (I've never, ever had a problem tho!).

The character interaction was particularly spectacular. The Who's in Suess Landing were outstanding. And the Grinch, OMG the people playing him should be given awards. I'd pay just to see him again.

Don't even get me started on the Grinch character breakfast at Confisco. If you are in Orlando for X-mas and did not do that, you wasted your trip. That was INCREDIBLE. And they only want $20 for it? They practically pay you to go to it. If you haven't, check out Pete's blog on it.

Don't even get me started on the Grinch character breakfast at Confisco. If you are in Orlando for X-mas and did not do that, you wasted your trip. That was INCREDIBLE. And they only want $20 for it? They practically pay you to go to it. If you haven't, check out Pete's blog on it.
Okay, I'm ashamed to say we missed it, we had so much we wanted to do since it was the kids' first time. I promised them for sure next time! Where can I go to read the blog?

I'm on my phone so I can't cut and paste the link, but if you go to the DIS podcast forum, you will see a link to the podcast show home page. Then just check out the blog section.

How old are your children? Ours are 1 & 4. Both loved the breakfast. Seriously, we had confiscos to ourselves and the charActers must have been at our table for 30 minutes!

They are 14, 10, & 7. The 14 year old is the one who really wanted to go. He utubed Breakfast with the Grinch and loved it.

That's the utube from petes blog. I'm so glad we decided to go. We were going to pass but decided it's a reasonable price, we'll try it. Since then I've been trying to convince everybody to go! LOL

I hope you saw the 'how the grinch stole Xmas show!' I really enjoyed that too. This was our first grindhmas and we all felt it was really well done. Especially since it didn't cost any extra!

That's the utube from petes blog. I'm so glad we decided to go. We were going to pass but decided it's a reasonable price, we'll try it. Since then I've been trying to convince everybody to go! LOL

I hope you saw the 'how the grinch stole Xmas show!' I really enjoyed that too. This was our first grindhmas and we all felt it was really well done. Especially since it didn't cost any extra!

The Grinch Show was great-Well put together and I think improvised too make it funny as heck..Always love the story,but UO puts on A good stage show of this!!!:thumbsup2

It was a really good show DD352. After we came back, I really wished we sat through a second showing.

I have to say I enjoyed HTGSC more than the MM version of 'twas the Night Before Xmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter