Question for the DIS team

eazyeray

Professional Xtreme Lurker
Hey guys (and gal), My wife and I are going to WDW Dec. 2 thru 7 and staying at the CBR for our honeymoon/1st ann.
We have a tentative plan of... Epcot for our first half day, Epcot on Monday, MK on Tuesday, AK on Wednesday, MGM on Thursday, and back to our favorite park before we leave on Friday. We have the park hopper and were wondering which day we could possibly have time to go to PI for shopping. I know that one of these days we will probably get threw one of the parks more quickly and would like some input. Any help would be appreciated. I'll probably be writing back with more questions in the futer. Thanks

Eric Raymond
Fall River, MA

Personally, I'd say go after AK. Get to AK early, get fastpasses for Everest, ride the major rides, get on Everest, and get out of there. Then go back to your room, change if you went on Kali River Rapids, and head off to Downtown Disney. It's worth the time.

And note that the stores in PI (And PI only) Don't typically open till 7-ish.

Personally, I'd say go after AK. Get to AK early, get fastpasses for Everest, ride the major rides, get on Everest, and get out of there. Then go back to your room, change if you went on Kali River Rapids, and head off to Downtown Disney. It's worth the time.

And note that the stores in PI (And PI only) Don't typically open till 7-ish.

I totally agree! Going after AK to DTD would work best. You could even stay at AK all day and still have time for DTD at night. It gets a bit more crowded at night but it is definitely worth going. :) All of the Disney themed shopping is on the Downtown Disney side, so you may want to skip the PI shopping. The PI shopping includes a cigar shop, Harley shop, massage shop, movie memorabilia shop and some clothing shops.

If you email this, they may (or may not) use the question in the podcast, which would then qualify you for some kind of prize, I think.

I'll give you my humble opinion. Unless you really, really want to go to Downtown Disney and see the World of Disney store, just shop in the parks. All the parks have stores. The best of them (in my opinion, but I'm a world-class shopper - just ask my husband!) are Mousegear in Epcot and The Emporium in the Magic Kingdom. This will give you more time in all the parks.

But, if you're hell-bent on shopping in the biggest Disney store in the World (World of Disney), I'd plan to go after visiting the Animal Kingdom or DS/MGM. Me, I'd make DS/MGM the shorter day, but that's me. Epcot and Magic Kigdom just have so much to do that I would plan on being there as much as possible.

The World of Disney store is far less crowded earlier in the day...so you might also go on your first full day at Epcot, if you plan to take a break during the mid-day/hot part of the day. It gets very zoo-like in there at night with people bumping into (sometimes pushing past) each other and kids zipping about the place...plus lines at check-out. Not an ideal shopping experience.

So, that's my $.02. :)

Have a great trip!

While DTD is a lot of fun I wouldn't give up a day at a day at one of the parks for it. If you go to AK and find yourself saying "now what" then DTD is a great option. But if you stay all day and see all the shows and do all the rides and find that it's 5pm and your are beat and want to head back to prepare for your next day....then passing up DTD isn't a bad option. On my last trip I didn't see anything in world of Disney I didn't see in the parks. :)

I have two little kids, they are DONE at 5pm if we start early. So I might have a slightly different opinion.

If you go all day everyday then find time for DTD.

AAAWWWW! DH & I honeymooned at CBR! Ok that's done...:goodvibes

I will echo what has already been said, AK or maybe MGM would likely be early days for you. Looking at your dates, if you & your wife plan on any Chirstmas shopping, I would suggest you consider starting at the Marketplace, then make your way to PI for the evening.

I wouldn't do it after MGM. MGM isn't a half day park. There are sooooo many things to do at MGM, the shows, the rides, the Streetmosphere, I typically go more than once each trip just to soak it all in.

As I said before, AK is your best bet.

Hey guys (and gal), My wife and I are going to WDW Dec. 2 thru 7 and staying at the CBR for our honeymoon/1st ann.
We have a tentative plan of... Epcot for our first half day, Epcot on Monday, MK on Tuesday, AK on Wednesday, MGM on Thursday, and back to our favorite park before we leave on Friday. We have the park hopper and were wondering which day we could possibly have time to go to PI for shopping. I know that one of these days we will probably get threw one of the parks more quickly and would like some input.
So my first thought is that I agree with the AK idea - since AK closes at 5pm, you could get dinner at DTD and go shopping while you are there. If you decide to forgo the DTD shopping and instead shop in the parks, use the service they provide to have your packages delivered to your room so you don't have to carry your purchases around with you. My second thought is that you are giong in December while the decorations are up so you'll want to spend some time at least checking out the decorations in the deluxe resorts (they are all decorated but the deluxe resorts are the most extravagant). If you had to decide between shopping or checking out the decorations, I think it would be more romantic to go to the resorts. Check out http://www.wdwinfo.com/tips_for_touring/romance.htm for romantic ideas too :goodvibes Happy anniversarying/honeymooning!

If you decide to forgo the DTD shopping and instead shop in the parks, use the service they provide to have your packages delivered to your room so you don't have to carry your purchases around with you.

Just want to chime in that you can also have your packages sent to your room from DTD. Although it will be the end of the day, so it may not be too bad to carry them around with you. But~it is an option there, as well. :)

I love you show and the way it keeps me going so far from any Disney park

I am coming to Mousefest this year and I’m staying at POP. This will be my 5th Visit to WDW but I have never been this late in the year. (I go between September and late October) my Question is, How cold does it get there at this time of year? What would I need to pack? The tricky part is…. I need the answer in Celsius

Gerard Moon

Sydney, Australia

G'day!

Daytime averages for Sept. are 90 F which is around 32 C for October, more like 72 which is 22 C
lows average 85 for Sept. which is 29 C to 65 for October which is 18

Here is a link for a converter as well - my favourite as it is really easy!
http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm

I wouldn't do it after MGM. MGM isn't a half day park. There are sooooo many things to do at MGM, the shows, the rides, the Streetmosphere, I typically go more than once each trip just to soak it all in.

As I said before, AK is your best bet.
Plus the OP is going in December, and the Osborne family lights are worth staying after dark for.
How about a half day at Animal Kingdom followed by DTD shopping, dinner at one of the DTD restaurants (I like Raglan Road) and then hit Pleasure Island. The Adventurers Club is always fun (and really unique), the Comedy Warehouse gets great reviews, and, if it's your scene, the dance clubs are fun.
However, if you think you'll be returning to Disney and this won't be your only trip, you might want to skip it for some down time at your resort.

gmoon The average temperatures in Orlando around that time (early December) are highs of 23°C to lows of 13°K with an average of 18°C.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter