Question for Ebay Sellers

majimikate

Mouseketeer
I think I am going to try and sell a few of my kids outgrown clothing items on ebay and I'm looking for info on how you determine shipping if you don't own a postage scale. Do you go to the post office, have them weigh it and determine shipping by zone? or by priority mail is it flat rate for the continental US? Any and all info would be appreciated, thanks!!

Chris

Depends on the item, there is a flat rate envelope that small clothing items may fit in, although it is really meant for documents.

Otherwise, yes, I would take them in and weigh them. Then you can set up a calculated postal rate based on zip code (you enter where you are, the weight, and any additional fee you want to charge and ebay will calculate the price for you).

You may want to think about listing things on craigslist too. Unless you have botique clothing in great condition, of very specific items/brands that sell well. If you have Gymboree Google for a site that has photos and names of the lines (there is one, I used to know where...), Gymboree things sell way higher if you put the name of the line in the title.

I don't have a scale-- it took a lot of trial and error to come up w/ fair postage that doesn't rip off my buyer or make me lose money. If you can find a scale I'd try that route- otherwise go to the Post Office until you become more familiar w/ what the clothing will run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter