Question for disdads (OT)

plutoplanet

Earning My Ears
I tried talking to my dad about this but he was always tall when he was a kid so he just doesn't understand how it is to be short AND to look so young that everybody you meet automatically thinks you're like 12 years old :mad:
Was anybody here short or looked younger than their age when they were a kid? I have like 5 questions for you if you were. They are:
1, are you still short or did you ever grow out of it??
2, how long does it usually take to stop growing, I mean if ur 15 then do you still have time to get taller or do people usually stop growing at like 18 or so?
3, is there stuff I could take to get taller faster?? Like some kind of vitamin or somethin. Or is there anything else a person can do to get taller?
4, how can I look older ?? Im sick of people thinking I'm like 12

I tried talking to my dad about this but he was always tall when he was a kid so he just doesn't understand how it is to be short AND to look so young that everybody you meet automatically thinks you're like 12 years old :mad:
Was anybody here short or looked younger than their age when they were a kid? I have like 5 questions for you if you were. They are:
1, are you still short or did you ever grow out of it??
2, how long does it usually take to stop growing, I mean if ur 15 then do you still have time to get taller or do people usually stop growing at like 18 or so?
3, is there stuff I could take to get taller faster?? Like some kind of vitamin or somethin. Or is there anything else a person can do to get taller?
4, how can I look older ?? Im sick of people thinking I'm like 12

1. I sort of had the opposite problem. I'm 5' 11" tall, but stopped growing in the 8th grade. So I went from being among the tallest in my class and always being a post player on basketball teams to having to learn to play guard so that I could play intramural/pick-up basketball in college.

2. People stop growing at different rates, usually sometime between the ages of 15 and 21. There are exceptions on both ends. (Former San Antonio Spur basketball player David Robinson grew something like 9" after his junior year in high school).

3. Unless you're clinically undersized (not just short, but well below established norms), there's nothing you can take to make you taller. I have a cousin who was well-below the 10th percentile in height for his age in 5th grade. He was literally the height of a preschooler. He spent a couple of years taking growth hormones and grew to slightly-below-average in height. Those are powerful meds and are only used in extreme cases. They're downright dangerous if not taken under a doctor's supervision. The best that you can do is to eat a healthy diet - lots of fruits, vegetables, and proteins and when you eat carbs, make them complex carbs. Give you body the building blocks to do its work, and you should be fine.

4. The best way to look older is to act mature. The way you carry yourself says more about your age than the way you look. Act responsibly, speak using adult language and syntax, and dress like an adult, and you will appear more adult. That said, one of the reasons I've worn a beard since college is that I have a baby-face. When I shave my beard, I look at least 10 years younger. Or at least I used to. I haven't shaved my beard off in eight years, because my daughter won't allow it. She's never seen me without a beard, and everytime I mention shaving it off, she freaks out. She says that without it, I won't look like me. Of course there is a growing amount of gray in it, so I may start shaving it off here at some point.

Hmm. Thanks.
No I'm not that little I dont look like preschool like the person you knew. I just got done with 9th gr and people at school who didn't know me would think I was one of the 7th graders :headache:
I do eat pretty healthy..my dad was always tall but he said my mom was short and looked younger than she was....So he said I probably take after her and will be short. :(
I wish I could grow a beard like you did, if it really makes you not look young. I have only shaved like twice and my dad said I really didn't even need to yet :guilty:
I don't know if I act grown up or not. :confused3
But what do you mean dress grown up- I'm not going to go around in suits and ties like my dad. That would look weird.

Hmm. Thanks.
No I'm not that little I dont look like preschool like the person you knew. I just got done with 9th gr and people at school who didn't know me would think I was one of the 7th graders :headache:
I do eat pretty healthy..my dad was always tall but he said my mom was short and looked younger than she was....So he said I probably take after her and will be short. :(
I wish I could grow a beard like you did, if it really makes you not look young. I have only shaved like twice and my dad said I really didn't even need to yet :guilty:
I don't know if I act grown up or not. :confused3
But what do you mean dress grown up- I'm not going to go around in suits and ties like my dad. That would look weird.

What I mean by dressing like an adult is not wearing suits and ties or anything. Just dressing neatly and in clothes that fit appropriately. I see so-called "adults" far too often who wear jeans that sag halfway down their butts, overall ill-fitting clothes that are inappropriate for their environment. To me, they always seem juvenile.

Oh okay. Yeah I don't wear pants halfway down my butt. Mostly cause my dad won't let me. Lol. I do think that looks stupid but at school you have to fit in so I understand why guys do it.

Stand tall and be confident. Work hard at something you like whether it is sports or school or something else. If you try your hardest at something you can always be proud that you gave it your best effort. I always tell my DD as long as she tries her best I will always be proud of her win or lose.

Jeremy, just be yourself. Yea Yea I know you heard that before, but if you try to be something your not, it won't be real and that's not fair to you or your daughter. When Emma starts to talk, in a few short months, one of her first words will be Daddy (Da-Da). When people hear her call you that, they WILL think of you as being older than you look.
I wish I looked younger.

P.S. DW said to be taller, wear heels. :lmao:

Jeremy I see you are starting new threads to ask questions of the DisDads, why don't you join us over at our main thread, click here and ask you questions where more of us will see them. I sure you have a lot of questions on being a Dad.

Mind if I ask your age....?

and :welcome: to the DISdad's... I see you introduced yourself on the main thread.

That one JUST started - but it will be at over 1000 posts in a week or two, so put your seatbelt on and enjoy the ride.

I'm 15. I turn 16 in November and after that (on school break) we are going to WDW. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: and im really excited to go in case you couldn't tell. My first time at Disney except when I was like 2 and don't remember it at all.
Guess what I didn't think anything different would happen for me today but guess what after church my dad gave me a new guitar and it's way nicer than my old one . We are going out for lunch now so see ya later.
Hope everyone is having a nice fathers day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter