Question for any old timers about Old Christmas Displays.

chartle

DIS Veteran
Ok I'm not around here as much lately since my last WDW trip was almost 5 years ago :( (since '99 for FW) with no concrete plans for a future trip maybe (more on that later).

But my question is when FW started to crack down on the Christmas Displays I recall its was that people where moving into common areas and other people's campsites and also using other campsites power. But i seem to recall that some people were also swapping out breakers to higher values. Am I remembering this right?

But as for a future trip both my sister and i just bought Trailers this year and she wants to do a group trip to FW next summer. My issue is that my wife says no way in a very don't even ask again voice. So either we wear my wife down or I'm in the bottom bunk of her Trailer :).

Your recollection of the Decoration saga is correct, chartle. Here is a thread regarding the changes that went into effect for December 2011:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/holiday-decoration-crack-down.2716933/

As for DW, try to entice her with whatever might appeal to her there (if there is anything). A special dinner at her favorite restaurant for just the two of you? Maybe doing a special event like the Christmas Party nights at MK? Even a day trip within a two hour radius for something she might be interested in? We're going down right after Christmas to camp where the manatees spend their winters (appealed to my DD and DW).

Good luck to you!

Bama Ed

PS - and for the record, my response does NOT mean I am old .... :laughing:

Older than me. :rotfl2:

hey-now-wait-a-minute.jpg

From that thread.

I think the last one was the straw that broke the camel's back. If people start putting larger breakers in a circuit thats not designed for one that large, bad things can happen.

I'm also thinking that the entire electrical system is not designed for max load on all sites, which may happen when the Tim Taylors in the loop try to out do each other and start grunting "We need more power".

Of course I was part of that thread. I was a lot more active here years ago. I had more time to myself at work back them. Now I have to do stuff. :(

VOTE FOR ROBO :):dancer:

As for DW, try to entice her with whatever might appeal to her there (if there is anything). A special dinner at her favorite restaurant for just the two of you? Maybe doing a special event like the Christmas Party nights at MK? Even a day trip within a two hour radius for something she might be interested in? We're going down right after Christmas to camp where the manatees spend their winters (appealed to my DD and DW).

You saw my TT in another post. The issue we have is when we pull it we get a whopping 12 mpg so we have to stop every 2 hours. She thinks this insane, but have no other to pull this and we are not getting a new TV anytime in the near future.

As we pull it and get more comfortable she may come around but by then the Fort will be booked up. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter