Question concerning entrances

Disney Gigi

Earning My Ears
We usually stay at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn, which is right across the street from the entrance, however we may be staying at Best Western Plus Pavilions on Katella. The first morning we will do the character dining at Paradise Pier Hotel, can we take a tram to the entrance from there?
What is the most convenient way to get to the entrance from Best Western Plus Pavilions?
Thank you in advance for any responses!

We've stayed at BW+ Pavilions before. There's no tram that will take you from that BW directly to PPH. It's easiest to just walk. It will take 5-7 min to walk to PPH from that motel. You could take ART, but ART will drop off at the transportation hub, which is on Harbor Blvd and then you'd have to walk all the way through DTD to PPH. Much faster & easier just to walk it.

Oops, you probably weren't talking about a tram from BW to PPH. You were talking about a tram from PPH to the park entrance!

No such thing exists.

You could walk from PPH to the monorail station in DTD. And then take the monorail to Tomorrowland. Otherwise, the only other method is to walk through DTD.

Thank you VandVsmama, I appreciate your answers! I was thinking DTD or the monorail, however I wasn't sure if there was another option! ;)

Oops, you probably weren't talking about a tram from BW to PPH. You were talking about a tram from PPH to the park entrance!

No such thing exists.

You could walk from PPH to the monorail station in DTD. And then take the monorail to Tomorrowland. Otherwise, the only other method is to walk through DTD.

The Monorail is restricted to Disney owned Hotel guests only during the morning hours, so that isn't an option.

Just follow the hotel guests, except the west side of the PPH, and head north through the Disneyland Hotel, and then go east through security at the ESPN Zone, and keep walking to the Main Entrance Plaza.

The only other real option, take a Taxi/Uber/Lyft to the harbor Blvd Drop off area if you don't need a car/booster seat.

Before the new security it was possible to cut through the Grand Californian to get to the esplanade, but this isn't allowed anymore right?

Before the new security it was possible to cut through the Grand Californian to get to the esplanade, but this isn't allowed anymore right?

Yes, going from the PPH or any off-property location, you are stopped at the corner of the GCH entrance, next to the vehicle checkpoint. You are sent to the DLH and the ESPN Zone, where you go through security and then head to the Main Entrance Plaza.

Now on the way back, you can enter the GCH at the Sephora entrance, and then exit the Main entrance area.

Yes, going from the PPH or any off-property location, you are stopped at the corner of the GCH entrance, next to the vehicle checkpoint. You are sent to the DLH and the ESPN Zone, where you go through security and then head to the Main Entrance Plaza.

Now on the way back, you can enter the GCH at the Sephora entrance, and then exit the Main entrance area.

Thank you for this info!! When we have stayed at the BW Stovall's we have always come through GCH ACK! How much farther is it to go to DLH and then up to Disneyland? Thinking maybe Uber may be a better option. Only because mom can only walk so far :)

Piggybacking on this thread! :) We are staying at BW Stovall's, do we have to go to DLH and up to Disneyland? Is an Uber easier? My 7-year old doesn't walk easily and I don't want the day to be wrecked before we even start ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter