Question booking a January trip

Sandi12404

Mouseketeer
We're planning our next trip for January 2014 and I have a question about booking a package. If I understand it correctly we could book a room only reservation early 2013 and then when the packages are released (July or August) we can switch our room only reservation to a package. We've only ever been in the fall so we never ran into this issue before. I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

You will have to rebook as a pkg with a new deposit and cancel your room only and get a refund. You can book a room only 499 days in advance of your departure day. If you are set on a specific resort/room category I'd go ahead and book so you are guaranteed what you want. If you don't care where you end up with a discount I'd wait.

Is it safe to assume that since we're going at the end of January we would be safe canceling and rebooking? We want to stay at CBR but we aren't picky about which part of the resort we're in. I'm guessing that if we cancel and then say we want to book a package they won't say "sorry the resort is sold out".

Is it safe to assume that since we're going at the end of January we would be safe canceling and rebooking? We want to stay at CBR but we aren't picky about which part of the resort we're in. I'm guessing that if we cancel and then say we want to book a package they won't say "sorry the resort is sold out".

Here's the thing- DON"T cancel your existing reservation until you have the new one! Simple.

If you book just the room as early as 499 days out and want a package later, I agree not to cancel the room only until you have the package booked. With that said, I really don't think you'll have any trouble getting exactly what you want if you wait to book it as a package when the 2014 rates/packages are released (which should be in August 2013, possibly a little earlier). If you book room only and make any payments along the way, everything will need to be refunded as money paid toward a room only cannot be transferred to a package (and vice versa). As the first poster mentioned, the room only will have to be cancelled and refunded and a package booked, requiring a new deposit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter