Question.... AP upgrade during trip...

wendypooh22

DIS Veteran
Okay, my experts out there... I have a question...

We booked and paid for our December trip already through AAA. We were thinking of upgrading our parkhopper tickets to AP's since my kids can't get enough disney magic.. :wizard:

I know that you get hotel discounts if you are an AP holder. If we upgrade during our visit, will they re-rate our room and refund the difference?? :confused3

Thank you in advance!!!

No, sorry, but nice thought. Whatever package deal you got on your rooms is set. And honestly, you probably got a better deal with AAA then you would with an AP. The great hotel rates are very far and few between.

Just some advice on upgrading. Be sure to use your early entry and Toontown Morning Madness (if you have it) prior to upgrading. Your regular ticket has your entry for these events and you lose it once you upgrade. Also, if you are going to get a pass with block out days and part of you trip includes block out days, don't upgrade until the last day. Otherwise if you upgrade too early, you can't get in the park if it's blocked out. (Well you could buy a block out ticket for $30 but why).

Now a plus for upgrading sooner, maybe at least 1 pass, would be dinning discounts. Most places you'll get a 10% discount, but 15-20% if you get a Premium pass. I don't know if AAA offers dinning discounts, so it might be something to think about.

got2travel said:
Just some advice on upgrading. Be sure to use your early entry and Toontown Morning Madness (if you have it) prior to upgrading. Your regular ticket has your entry for these events and you lose it once you upgrade.

Im totally confused on this one...because any of the Toontown MM Ive done doesnt show on my ticket but it is a pass you show and how they could take that away from you I dont know...so has that changed?

Thanks, that's what I thought... :) It couldn't hurt to ask though... I am too used to Las Vegas where you can get re-rated for comps :cool1:

We were thinking of upgrading to the premium passes.. I don't want to have to deal with lots of blackout dates. We will definately wait until after we use our MM.

Thanks again :teeth:

disneegrl4eva said:

Im totally confused on this one...because any of the Toontown MM Ive done doesnt show on my ticket but it is a pass you show and how they could take that away from you I dont know...so has that changed?

Sorry, you're right, the Toontown thing is a separate ticket. It's only the early entry that you might lose out on.

You don't have to worry about losing your early entry either because you get it any day that it is offered since you are staying at a Disney property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter