Question about Whispering Canyon Cafe and the Canyon Skillet

Bertie131

DIS Veteran
It will be our first time going to WCC and we were wondering if the Canyon Skillet is a meal you are allowed to share or each person has to get their own? We aren't big eaters, but would like to try the skillet. If not, what do you recommend there? Thanks!

The skillet can NOT be shared, because it is all-you-can-eat. If several people at the table order the skillet they bring a larger one (and continue to refill any items you want) but everyone else needs to order off the menu.

I had the trout one time and it was OK. Not spectacular but I didn't think the food in the skillet was spectacular either; some of the meats were very fatty. This is a restaurant you go to because you think the family will enjoy the overall atmosphere and theming, not for fine dining.

we've had the skillet there and agree with the meat being fairly low quality (and fatty). but, for all you can eat meat, i guess you'd go broke serving the best of the best... it was a fun restaurant and the milkshakes are YUMMY. my husband ordered a steak last time with beans and some kind of potatoes. he said it was better than the skillet.

This is a VERY fun place to eat. Our kids love it and it is a must visit for us each trip. The last time we were there we had the best waitress ever! She was great with the kids. Our DS spilled his milkshake three times and she was so nice to him. She rolled with the punches (er spills). After the third spill she brought out his milkshake in a to go cup that had the lid secured with large amounts of duct tape. We nearly fell out of our chair laughing.

I had the lunch canyon skillet in 2011 (for around $18.99 or so if I recall correctly) and I agree that if its top notch BBQ you are looking for, you wont find it here, but its still very good and of course very filling.

As was mentioned, the best part of the restaurant is the atmosphere. I asked for refill on my glass of iced tea and they brought the tiniest cup in the world with a tiny straw to match! Then a little later I asked if I could have a "few more ribs" and they brought out an entire RACK!

In our whole time at Disney that week, one of the things my DS3 enjoyed the most was getting to do the "horse race" where at a random time the cast members line the kids up and let them run around the restaurant on a wooden horse. Really cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter