Question about what you're allowed

KMcCP

DIS Veteran
So we're here now and last night at the AoA food court I got my drink, entree and dessert no problem. DH however, was told he had to get gelato for dessert? Also - I thought it was a drink, meal and dessert. DD5 got her pizza but was told she couldn't have a cupcake but two sides instead? Does it vary place to place ? This is our first time w the DDP, using CS. Any tips welcome! :)

So we're here now and last night at the AoA food court I got my drink, entree and dessert no problem. DH however, was told he had to get gelato for dessert? Also - I thought it was a drink, meal and dessert. DD5 got her pizza but was told she couldn't have a cupcake but two sides instead? Does it vary place to place ? This is our first time w the DDP, using CS. Any tips welcome! :)

I don't know about the kids meals, but your husband should have had more choices than just gelato at AoA. When I was there in October, pretty much any item in the pastry case was allowed (I can't remember if there were any exceptions), but I know we picked a cupcake and a mini-pie for our two CS desserts.

The kids' meals (kids' picks, I think they were called?) only had certain choices the last time we were there. It was the entree and choice of certain sides like grapes, apple slices, applesauce, pudding, things like that. The cupcakes and similar choices went with the adult meals only.

figment_jii said:
I don't know about the kids meals, but your husband should have had more choices than just gelato at AoA. When I was there in October, pretty much any item in the pastry case was allowed (I can't remember if there were any exceptions), but I know we picked a cupcake and a mini-pie for our two CS desserts.

Yeah that's what I thought. He got his entree first and sat down not realizing he could get a dessert w dinner. When he went back, they said gelato only? I however, was able to take a brownie.

Yeah that's what I thought. He got his entree first and sat down not realizing he could get a dessert w dinner. When he went back, they said gelato only? I however, was able to take a brownie.

At the food courts that have an ice cream (or other kind of dessert that will melt), if you tell the cashier that's what you want they will stamp your receipt and you can come back within a specified time frame to get the dessert. Perhaps the CM thought that's what your DH was doing and said he could get gelato because that's the only melting type dessert at Landscapes of Flavor...not realizing that your DH wasn't aware that he was entitled to a dessert in the first place. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!