Question about waitlisting for rooms at a different resorts (BCV to VWL)

zulaya

DIS Veteran
I have both sets of grandparents coming with us next year. Our home is BCV. I plan to reserve 2 - 2 BR at BCV at the 11 month window.

Both grand-dads have expressed interest in VWL. They will be happy wherever they stay - especially since I am paying for the rooms - but I am toying with seeing what I can do about getting set up at VWL.

My problem: We are going Dec 4-11, 2004. That's right, that wonderful low point season we all love and VWL being a small resort, I see a snowflake's chance in July of getting in, especially needing 2- 2BR.

So, I think the most prudent thing to do would be to "link" both rooms together and waitlist them together. (I am assuming MS can do this). I just don't want to get 1 of the 2 BR and not the other. Because I am not splitting our party.

So, after that longwinded background, here's my question(s):

1. Can MS link my 2 - 2BR on the waitlist so that I am only contacted IF I get both of them?

2. What do you think are realistic chances of switching from BCV to VWL? I realize with 2 - 2 BR units that could be tough, but if I get on the list right at that 7 month window...what do you think?

FWIW, I don't think your chances of getting two 2 bedrooms for VWL at the 7 month mark are very big at all (I didn't want to say slim and none, but that's what I really think), especially if you waitlist for both to all become available at once. Plus being on the waitlist for that special trip will probably make you absolutely C R A Z Y! Sure would me.

If VWL is really important, I'd look for a VWL owner who wants to trade points for BCV and make the ressies at the 11 month mark.

For me, the above would also be too stressful and too much work. Instead, I'd stay at the BCV and plan a really, really special meal at one of the WL restaurants. That way, everyone will still get to see those awesome Christmas decorations.

And again, FWIW, the EPCOT resort decorations are pretty great, too - bet the grandparents will like the chocolate replica of the original Boardwalk in the BW lobby. They're bound to have it again this year or at least something very similar. I thought the BW tree and lobby decorations were very beautiful.

Good luck!

Carol--

You pretty much confirmed what I thought. The grand-dads have only mentioned in passing that they would love VWL. And knowing them, I can see them totally loving it.

I haven't mentioned to them the possibility. DH thinks we should waitlist. I guess I am trying to make it as easy on me as possible. I think trying VWL would be great, but I don't want a hassle. I think waitlisting would be okay if you were not an insane planner like myself!

I am perfectly happy with BCV. Your idea of a meal at VWL is good. We might have to work in Whispering Canyon some night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter