Question about villas

BensWife

DIS Veteran
We have booked our family vacation at the OKW. :cool1: We have a 2 bedroom villa for 7 of us (5 adults and 2 kids). This will be our first time staying there. (We are not DVC, but regular guests). As for the laundry/dish washer, do they have soap and all for that or do we need to buy that kind of stuff from the lobby or grocery story? We are planning on having some groceries delivered since we will have the kitchen in the villa. Should we add laundry soap and dishwasher soap to the list? Thanks!

Oh, and I see there is a DVD in the room. Is there a place to rent DVDs?

I'm going to assume that you booked through Disney, and are not renting points, right??? If this is the case, you should be getting daily housekeeping. Now, I can't say for sure if they will automatically restock your detergents. I would order some when you do the grocery order. Better safe than sorry. I know that when I stay on my points, I get one or two single use boxes of detergent upon arrival, and one small bottle of dishwashing detergent. Dishwasher detergent is also provided but only one,maybe two, packets.
Yes, there is usually a Community Hall area that has a stock of DVDs for rent.

There is a place near the pool area that rents dvds

Assuming by "regular guests" you mean you booked a cash reservation through CRO rather than using DVC points.

You'll get regular housekeeping every day. I've not stayed at OKW, but when we stay at BWV or BCV housekeeping ran the dishwasher for us. You can always request additional dishwashing and laundry supplies if needed.

I don't know if the DVD rental is limited to DVC members or not. I vaguely recall asking a few years ago and being told it was just for DVC members, but this might have changed or might depend on where you're staying.

We have booked our family vacation at the OKW. :cool1: We have a 2 bedroom villa for 7 of us (5 adults and 2 kids). This will be our first time staying there. (We are not DVC, but regular guests). As for the laundry/dish washer, do they have soap and all for that or do we need to buy that kind of stuff from the lobby or grocery story? We are planning on having some groceries delivered since we will have the kitchen in the villa. Should we add laundry soap and dishwasher soap to the list? Thanks!

Oh, and I see there is a DVD in the room. Is there a place to rent DVDs?

Can't help with the DVDs....we take our own selection. As for the laundry/dish washer (we stayed there a few months ago) I asked my Wife and she said it seemed like they gave you a single serviing of each. She always takes some of those solid tablets for the dishwasher and there are some type of "sheets" she gets me to buy before we go that have the washing detergent infused and then you toss the same sheet in the dryer. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter