Question about the legality of renting points

indoshakespeare

Reach out and find your Happily Ever After
Hi,

I just want to clarify this. If I rent a DVC and a CM asked me at check in, is it ok to for me to say that "I rent this for $16 per points from the owner"? Am I going to get in trouble for saying that? or should I just say "A friend booked this for me" or "A friend let me use his points"?

Hi,

I just want to clarify this. If I rent a DVC and a CM asked me at check in, is it ok to for me to say that "I rent this for $16 per points from the owner"? Am I going to get in trouble for saying that? or should I just say "A friend booked this for me" or "A friend let me use his points"?
1) it is legal and permitted by Disney for a DVC Member to rent their points. There are rules against a Member having so many points that they make it a business, but you should not have to worry about that.

2) at check in, you have a reservation, and your ID and credit card matches the name on the reservation. That’s all you need, and the CM will not ask. They will know you are not a DVC Member because that is specified on the reservation. They will not know if you are a family member, a friend, or a renter, and they will not care. They are in the hospitality business, and they will show you hospitality.

They never ask at check-on if you are a renter. However, if you want to avoid the issue entirely, just check-in at 60 days out via your My Disney Experience account, put a credit card on your ccount for charges to the room you might make, designate your wrist bands so they are sent about four weeks before you go, and the day you arrive they will send you a text with room number to which you can go to without having to check-in at the front desk.

They never ask at check-on if you are a renter. However, if you want to avoid the issue entirely, just check-in at 60 days out via your My Disney Experience account, put a credit card on your ccount for charges to the room you might make, designate your wrist bands so they are sent about four weeks before you go, and the day you arrive they will send you a text with room number to which you can go to without having to check-in at the front desk.

Skipping the front desk is NOT an absolute.

I always do online checkin, and have not once gotten a room ready text or email based on online checkin. We always have to go to the front desk.

But OP they won’t ask. They don’t care.

Renting is Disney-legal.

But they won’t ask.

Skipping the front desk is NOT an absolute.

I always do online checkin, and have not once gotten a room ready text or email based on online checkin. We always have to go to the front desk.

But OP they won’t ask. They don’t care.

Renting is Disney-legal.

But they won’t ask.

I totally agree. I don't think I've ever been able to entirely skip the front desk. Always something....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter