Question About the Catamaran Excursion...

dazedconfused

Earning My Ears
Hi, my family and I are going to be first time cruisers in August, and I would really like to know about the Fury Catamaran Sail and Snorkel excursion. I want to know about good things and the bad things from anyone who has gone on it before.

My wife & I, along with our adult daughter and 7 yr. old grandson, went on that excursion in May. The literature said that you snorkeled in 3feet to 20 feet deep water. When we arrived and the ship was dropping the ramp for us to go into the water, it was announced that due to hurricanes in 2005, they had moved locations for the snorkeling. The water started at 16 feet deep and went deeper. I ended up being the only one snorkeling, as 16+ feet is a bit deep for a not too experienced 7 year old. My daughter couldn't go in, because she remained with our grandson, who was crying because he was unable to be in water with grandpa. The time there was about 45-60 minutes.
On the positive side, the beach party was good. The sand and water were nice. There were floats and other water toys available. The time there was slighly over an hour (we could have used more time). The food was so-so. The hamburger I ate...I hope was actually hamburger. The ride on the catamaran was great. We saw flying fish all over the place, and the ride was into the waves so it was a semi-thrill ride(which we also enjoyed!). The crew was professional and courteous, and the drinks were good too. For adults snorkeling, it wouldn't have been too bad, but you need a child who is totally comfortable in 16 - 20 feet of water. Hope this helps. :)

Thank you so much, this really helps. We are cruising with an 8 year old, so we will have to look into the snorkeling part more, but thanks again for the overview!

We loved it and our eight year old did great. It was his first time snorkeling, and he gets somewhat anxious, but loved it. The beach part was great, although it could have been longer and the boat ride along with our hosts were great. Also the drinks were wonderful ;) .

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter