Question about the boat at OKW

anniet

DIS Veteran
I'm planning to stay at OKW next January. I know that the boat goes down to DD, but does it eventually go to Port Orleans?

If not, is there a walkway to Port Orleans from OKW, or do you need to take a car or bus to get there?

Thanks.

There are 2 boats, one from PO and one from OKW. You would have to go to DD and get on the PO boat, which is bigger....:D

Thanks mb168! :)

Does anybody know if there is a pathway to walk over there?

No pathway.
There is a pathway from OKW to DD. If you do a search, you can find instructions for that way to that walkway.
The boat from OKW to DD is not shared with any other resort and PO is the opposite direction from DD, so you would not be going past it. So the DD/OKW boat only makes a loop between OKW and DD.

Anniet,
The path begins right at the South Point pool. You cross over the bridge and you can easily see where to walk. Some of the path is lighted. It end by the Circ de Solie( you know the big white building.
Ray

If you're feeling brave, I found this posted a few months ago.

"There is a way to walk to PO from OKW...I do it at least one time each trip..its easier to walk over than to wait for connecting buses or the boats..

Its sort of an "adventure" path

Start near building 17 and walk thru the employee parking lot...they let you walk thru..then cross over Community drive...you will see a large open area..a wide path used for storage of large trucks & equipment..just walk straight thru it towards Port Orleans..It leads right to the PO parking lot....from there you walk right into PO...from there , its easy to walk to DL...

There are no lights so make sure you are heading back before dark so you don't encounter any critters..also, its not paved so it might be a bit damp or muddy depending on the recent weather..but the walk takes only about 7 mins. We have taken our OKW rental bikes that way several times and it is a nice bike ride over to Dixie Landings...

Its probaly not an 'official" walkway..but we have encountered other people using that path and even security people on the PO side and no one ever said anything negative...its safer than walking to PO along the main roadway which is dangerous with the vehicle traffic."

Best of British if you decide to try it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter