Question about the 4/3 deal when you already have a room only reservation

CR Resort Fan 4 Life

DIS Veteran
My family and I currently have a room only reservation for this August from the 11-22 at the Contemporary on the Atrium Club with the Magic Kingdom View. Anyway last night my dad suggested about trying the 4/3 deal since we will still be there through the 15th once it ends. So would they be able to adjust our current reservation for the deal or is it done another way? Also I already have an annual pass so does that makes this deal worth it or not, because I read tickets are included?

Well, for us, the 4/3 deal is better than our AP rate in March, simply because the weekends are blacked out for AP rates mid-Feb. through April 2. Due to having to pay rack rate for the weekends, and the $200 gift card available for our stay, we switched to the 4/3 deal. If you already have an AP rate that is around 40% off, weekends included, you are probably better off with that - but, run the numbers just in case.

As an AP holder, you can book the pkg. with 1-day base tickets to use at a later date.

When we called to change our reservation from a room-only to a pkg., they had to book a pkg. and take a new deposit - then, cancel our room-only and refund that deposit. Because the room-only was through CRO and the pkg. through Walt Disney Travel Co., they couldn't just move our deposit to the new reservation.

Good luck with your decision, it took me a while to figure out which deal was better for us!

Well I just spoke to my math teacher who is also a travel agent and asked her about the 4/3 deal and she said WDW should be able to let us switch to it. I guess it can't hurt to call WDW and see what they say, so we will wait and see what happens.

We ended up making a new reservation. First, it was much quicker that way. And second, it seemed easier for the CM (who wasn't the best) to book it. Sometimes when they start "changing" our reservation, strange things happen (like my DH being taken off the trip completely, just to name one incident).

So now I just prefer to make the reservation, make sure everything was done correctly, then cancel the old one. I'm always scared they will cancel the old one and then tell me "oops! those dates aren't available anymore!).

Good luck!:)

We ended up making a new reservation. First, it was much quicker that way. And second, it seemed easier for the CM (who wasn't the best) to book it. Sometimes when they start "changing" our reservation, strange things happen (like my DH being taken off the trip completely, just to name one incident).

So now I just prefer to make the reservation, make sure everything was done correctly, then cancel the old one. I'm always scared they will cancel the old one and then tell me "oops! those dates aren't available anymore!).

Good luck!:)
So basically you made a brand new reservation and once that was done you cancelled your original reservation? Personally I would hope we can just modify ours to get the 4/3 deal however incase we get a Cast Member that says no or has no idea what to do, we can just hang up and then call back to see what happens. I am sure if we explained to them very slowly what we want to do they should figure out what we want to do.

Im confused...:confused3 just called wdw res and they said 4-3 ends 6/27???

YIPEEEEE!!!!!!
Now, we will most likely splurge and do Boardwalk or Contemporary.:goodvibes

You cant convert a room only to a packge. Youll have to make a new res with a $200 deposit and cancel and refund the old room only res. Your best bet is to put just one day base tickets on the 4/3 deal and save them for a later trip or use them to renew your AP's.

Personally I would hope we can just modify ours to get the 4/3 deal
mbanks is of course correct. ;) :thumbsup2
As mentioned a room only is not WDTC. And WDTC is offering the 7 for 4 packages.
Most likely there will not be an issue. However it is all based on availability.
As mentioned though the best way is to book a 7/4 package and then cancel your room only res.
Always better to cancel the room only after you have the package/room view you want.

Well if we need to cancel our original reservation won't we still be able to get what we had booked, since we would re-book it right away over the phone, so what would the chances of be someone else trying to make a reservation for it? Of course if it's still available before we change it then there won't be a problem.

I am sure if we explained to them very slowly what we want to do they should figure out what we want to do.
:rotfl2:

Yes, we basically rebooked the entire thing, made sure it was all correct (waited for it to come up on their website) and then cancelled the other one.

we did just that-----the rep told us if your current room is still available (not sold out) they can make the change---our room WAS sold out--but we were able to upgrade from moderate CBR to deluxe WL---this change with the 4/3 deal gave us $60 back and we're getting the $200 gift card.

Well if we need to cancel our original reservation won't we still be able to get what we had booked, since we would re-book it right away over the phone, so what would the chances of be someone else trying to make a reservation for it? Of course if it's still available before we change it then there won't be a problem.

I have seen people say that Disney might block off a certain amount of rooms for a promotion (like 4/3) - so cancelling your room only ressie might not open that room up for the package. In other words, maybe not all the rooms can be booked on the package deal. I don't know if that is true or not - but I would agree with others that I would *not* cancel what I had until I had a confirmed booking of something else I wanted.

FYI - I appreciate all your helpful posts about the CR!:thumbsup2

And here's an example from today on the resorts board of someone who tried to change their original reservation and lost both the original and the new deal availability... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2081252 This is why I wont change my reservations. Disney is not customer-service oriented when it comes to these things, and while there are many great CMs at CRO there are also ones who were poorly trained.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter