Question about Split Stays--On Property & Off

Princess SarahK

DIS Veteran
Lot's of backstory here. I originally booked a package at BW for our trip. I was patiently waiting for a deal to be released and it never came. I have booked everything from dining to FP's and haven't cancelled Boardwalk yet.

Last night we decided to scrap Boardwalk and stay at Bonnet Creek. Our dates are 11/14-11/19 at Bonnet Creek and staying 1 night at CBR 11/19-11/20. I have added 5 day tickets to our CBR resort reservation.

So I currently have all my FPs and dining, and two WDW resort reservations. Boardwalk (to be cancelled) and CBR for one night.

My question is this. If I cancel BW, will I lose my FP's? Or will they still count with my tickets linked to CBR?

Can we still get our FP+ 60 days out?

Are we eligible for EMH for the duration of our 5 day ticket, even though we'll be staying off property for most of our trip?

Am I making this too complicated? Overthinking it? I've never done a split stay, or done off property, so this is ALL new to me! HELP!! Thanks in advance!! :hippie::hippie::hippie:

Lot's of backstory here. I originally booked a package at BW for our trip. I was patiently waiting for a deal to be released and it never came. I have booked everything from dining to FP's and haven't cancelled Boardwalk yet.

Last night we decided to scrap Boardwalk and stay at Bonnet Creek. Our dates are 11/14-11/19 at Bonnet Creek and staying 1 night at CBR 11/19-11/20. I have added 5 day tickets to our CBR resort reservation.

So I currently have all my FPs and dining, and two WDW resort reservations. Boardwalk (to be cancelled) and CBR for one night.

1. My question is this. If I cancel BW, will I lose my FP's? Or will they still count with my tickets linked to CBR?

2. Can we still get our FP+ 60 days out?

3. Are we eligible for EMH for the duration of our 5 day ticket, even though we'll be staying off property for most of our trip?

Am I making this too complicated? Overthinking it? I've never done a split stay, or done off property, so this is ALL new to me! HELP!! Thanks in advance!! :hippie::hippie::hippie:

1. You said you added tickets to your CBR reservation - do you mean you booked a package, or are the tickets separate? If the tickets are part of a package, then I think you would lose any FPs you booked for the dates prior to 11/19, since the tickets won't be good until then. If the tickets are separate, you should be good as long as you wait until you're 60 days out from the CBR stay to cancel the BW stay. You should post this question in the FP FAQ thread in the TPA&S forum though, just to be sure.

2. You said you already booked them.

3. Nope - just for the two days you're at CBR.

Last edited:
1. You said you added tickets to your CBR reservation - do you mean you booked a package, or are the tickets separate? If the tickets are part of a package, then I think you would lose any FPs you booked for the dates prior to 11/19, since the tickets won't be good until then. If the tickets are separate, you should be good as long as you wait until you're 60 days out from the CBR stay to cancel the BW stay. You should post this question in the FP FAQ thread in the TPA&S forum though, just to be sure.

2. You said you already booked them.

3. Nope - just for the two days you're at CBR.

I booked the CBR as a package. Should I change it to just hotel and then tickets separately? I just want to be sure I can use my FPs that I've already booked. Will I not be able to use my 5 day passes until 11/19? Our trip dates are 14-20, so I really need them to be ready for use at the beginning.

Also, I asked in the thread you recommended as well, but figured I'd pick your brain a little more! :worship:

1. I booked the CBR as a package. Should I change it to just hotel and then tickets separately? I just want to be sure I can use my FPs that I've already booked.

2. Will I not be able to use my 5 day passes until 11/19? Our trip dates are 14-20, so I really need them to be ready for use at the beginning.

3. Also, I asked in the thread you recommended as well, but figured I'd pick your brain a little more! :worship:

1. Well, I'm pretty sure you would lose any FPs booked for dates before 11/19 if you don't.

2. You can activate package tickets up to 10 days in advance, but you have to do that in person, and like I said in #1, you wouldn't be able to book FPs for the dates prior to 11/19.

3. I'm basing my responses on what I've read in that thread, but the experts are on that thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter