Question about seclusion...

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
My question is...

Where in the world is a secluded and nice place (not restaurant wise) that is kindof child free? When we head to the world for our honeymoon, we would like some places that are, well, where not many, preferrably none, children are around. Just a quiet place to relax, enjoy views, etc. maybe have a picnic in, or just walk around.

Any suggestions??

Joline

If you are staying at a monorail resort, I would suggest maybe taking a walk along the beaches of the GF and Polynesian at night. As for the parks, places I can think of that are a little more quiet are as follows:

MK:
Walkway between Fantasyland and Liberty Square via Cinderella Castle (except during parades).
Behind the Tomorrowland stage near the old Skyway station
Walkway between Mickey's Toontown Fair and Tomorrowland
Aunt Polly's Dockside Diner on Tom Sawyer Island
Old boat dock for swan boats (near central hub - approach via entrance to Tomorrowland

Epcot:
Parks in England and France (if not occupied by Characters)
Seating areas for old Pasta/Piazza Restaurant (A/C)

MGM/AK:
Unfortunately, I haven't discovered any real quiet areas yet in these parks

I really can think of only a few spots in the parks that give you any sort of solitude but they aren't ones where you could really picnic or expect to have much time before someone came along.

I might suggest a ride over to Celebration. There are some nice parks and a small downtown area.

Although, I haven't been there, so I'm just guessing, Disney Institue might provide a get away.

Originally posted by ballgame
MK:
Behind the Tomorrowland stage near the old Skyway station

That's nice and quiet because it's a designated smoking section. (just an FYI)

There is one place in AK that I found to be nice and quiet, but that too is a designated smoking section. Okay, two now that I think about it. Let me consult the map: *digs out map*

*AFRICA*
Cross the bridge from Discovery Island into Africa. Take a left before you reach the Dawa Bar and just keep walking. You'll get to a smoking section that has some covered tables and chairs. Nice and quiet. Also,

*ASIA*
As you cross the bridge into Asia, There is a pathway to your right after the Manadala Gift shop which leads to a smoking section. Again, tables and chairs covered by natural vegetation, also has a good view of the animals and there is a dock at the end of the trail to look out over.

Mind you these are smoking sections, but they are quiet and peaceful and out of the way of normal tourist traffic. Now that I think about it, all AK smoking areas are nice, quiet, and out of the way of tourist traffic. Sure we don't mind non-smokers in our smoking sections, just don't give us dirty looks while we enjoy our addiction. :)

I think you are in trouble! There are not many of these places! For a really expensive dinner with a low chance of kids go to Victoria and Alberts. Other than that there will be kids everywhere! (It is Disney!) Sorry!

The bar inside the Yacht Club (ale and compass) and the one in the Boardwalk (forgot the name) never have kids in them, and they are nice out of the way places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter