Question about room package

AugustDisney

Mouseketeer
My fiance and I are heading to Disney on 10/16 for our honeymoon and have a package for boardwalk with park tickets for 10/16-10/20 and deluxe dining for the time. We are considering extending our honeymoon for 1-2 nights but the travel agent says we have to set up a new package, meaning we would have to pay full one or two day price for park tickets instead of adding them to our existing package...is this right?

Not at all! Your TA is trying to milk you. You can extend room and dining almost indefinitely. You can only buy 10 days worth of tickets though. After that it is best to buy an annual pass.

You can easily add the extra nights to your existing package, provided there is availability at the resort as having a reservation in place does not guarantee days can be added. If there's no availability, you could always book a different resort for those extra nights, add ticket days to the package reservation, and pay OOP for your meals for those last 2 days. Good luck.

If you can't extend your trip if there's no availability with your discount then I'd just book a room only for the final 2 days. Once you are there just use your tickets once in the park then upgrade to 7 day tickets and pay the difference there. Make sure to use them once before your upgrade though to get the full current value. Your dining credits will be available til midnight on checkout day of that first reservation so you'll really only have your departure day to pay for food

Thanks!

I think our travel agent was thinking because we would have to switch hotels he would do a separate package for the one night in the hotel, two day park passes and two days of dining instead of adding the lark tickets to the existing reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter