Question about proof of Florida residency

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedg12

Mouseketeer
We have a condo in Jacksonville, but our primary residence is in Kansas. I'm on the road now headed to Jax to take care of some business, & it looks like I'll have some free time while I'm there to hit the parks. I don't have a Florida drivers license or a copy of any bills for the condo, but I can print a bank statement with our Florida address on it when I get there. Can I use that as proof of residency at Disney?

You’ll need to provide proof of a Florida residential address in order to purchase a Florida Resident park ticket or annual pass. For each ticket or pass purchased for an adult, you may provide any of the following:

• Valid Florida driver’s license (must have a Florida address)
  • Valid Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address)
  • Valid Florida-based military ID
If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then you must provide one of the following—dated within the past 2 months—evidencing a Florida residential address, along with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):

Proof of Current Mortgage
You may use a monthly mortgage statement from within the past 2 months; it may not be more than 2 months old. Deeds, mortgage contracts, mortgage payment booklets and leases are not accepted.

Bills, Policies or Registration
  • Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill
  • Current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill
  • Current Utility bill (power / phone / cable / water)
  • Bills can be no more than 2 months old (P.O. Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)
Mail
  • Mail from financial institutions, including checking, savings or investment account statements
  • Mail from federal, state, county or city government agencies
  • Mail can be no more than 2 months old (P.O. Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)
Additional members of the same household must only provide proof of same residential address.

Current statements and bills printed from electronic versions are accepted, along with electronic bills provided via smart phones and tablet devices.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/proof-florida-address/

Thanks, I've seen that. Just not sure if the printed statement part extends to bank accounts. I'm getting conflicting information from my "friends" that I'm traveling with (tongue in cheek - they're good guys) & want to find out for sure.

Thanks, I've seen that. Just not sure if the printed statement part extends to bank accounts. I'm getting conflicting information from my "friends" that I'm traveling with (tongue in cheek - they're good guys) & want to find out for sure.
I'd call and ask. We are Florida owners (vacation home in Davenport) and used our water bill for proof, since that's the only one that we have both of our names on. Good luck, hope the answer is a yes. :)

Yes. I use a bank statement (checking acct) with my Florida vacation home address every year when I renew as proof of residence. Last used in Feb.

I used a mortgage.

My kids are adults so needed proof, but their names are on nothing.

They both opened bank accounts with the FL address and they accepted the bank statements.

Is there a way to prove it in advance? Like get verified before going? I’m sure there’s not, but it’s much easier to be sure of having the right documents at home than once I’m in FL. I’m also having difficulty locating the info on resident passes. I always end up redirected to the regular AP info.

I'm on the road already or I'd have brought a statement with me. I'll be there this weekend & probably just ask then. If I can't I'll just buy a regular ticket - just hoping to save some money.

Mail from financial institutions, including checking, savings or investment account statements

Current statements and bills printed from electronic versions are accepted

Thanks, I've seen that. Just not sure if the printed statement part extends to bank accounts.

I don't see how bank statements would be excluded from the mention of digital statements being acceptable.

Hello! I came across this thread while searching for answers...my issue is, I don't have a mortgage but I am on the deed. I'm moving to live with my mom so all utilities are in her name. Don't want to give up my out of state license just yet (I know, I need to "Let it go" but can't!). I am trying to see if a deed is adequate but I can't get an answer from Disney on whether they will accept a deed. :confused3
Anyone have some insight or suggestion?

Hello! I came across this thread while searching for answers...my issue is, I don't have a mortgage but I am on the deed. I'm moving to live with my mom so all utilities are in her name. Don't want to give up my out of state license just yet (I know, I need to "Let it go" but can't!). I am trying to see if a deed is adequate but I can't get an answer from Disney on whether they will accept a deed. :confused3
Anyone have some insight or suggestion?
From what I posted above:
You may use a monthly mortgage statement from within the past 2 months; it may not be more than 2 months old. Deeds, mortgage contracts, mortgage payment booklets and leases are not accepted.

We live in Georgia but are friends with a family from Florida that live here now. Before they left they renewed their Florida driver's licence for tens years in order to receive the Florida residence APs. It is still working for them.

I agree it should be ok, given their wording, but one of my cohorts says no. I'll find out Saturday.

I'd call and ask.
Sorry, but that’s just never a good idea for WDW info.
You’ll likely get an “answer,” but the chance of it being a correct answer is, sadly, very low.

Last edited:
Does the credit card you buy the tickets with have to be in your FL residence address? My primary card is NY and has better rewards!! I would bring my bank statement with FL address showing my wife's and I name to the gate.

I didn't want to start a new thread for my question and didn't get a concrete answer from the Chat on Disney site.

If you buy them online it does, but I don't know about at the gate. The card I used last time at the gate was on the Florida address.

Does the credit card you buy the tickets with have to be in your FL residence address? My primary card is NY and has better rewards!! I would bring my bank statement with FL address showing my wife's and I name to the gate.

I didn't want to start a new thread for my question and didn't get a concrete answer from the Chat on Disney site.

No, it does not (if you are paying in full). I am not sure how it works with the monthly payment plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter