Question about possibility of adjoining rooms

Cmbar

DIS Veteran
I have a party of 6. Four adults (parents and grandparents) and two kids (teens). We'd ideally like to stay together at any of the resorts that do the Unlimited passes. When I put in availability for our dates over Christmas I get only Portfino and SF and CB which I don't want for 1 room 6 people. Looks like Portfino we could do a Parlor Suite with a King and 2 queen and be very happy. But it is expensive. So do I have an option to stay at either Hard Rock or Royal Pacific and be guaranteed adjoining rooms? Is that even an option at these resorts?? I know Disney well but haven't stayed at Universal so any help and advice would be appreciated!

Yes, they will confirm adjoining rooms as long as they are available

Yes, they will confirm adjoining rooms as long as they are available
Hmm. I called Universal today and they said it is a request and not a guarantee. The problem is that we have the check in day on December 25th to Dec 29th so the height of the week between Christmas and New Years. So I am thinking hotels will be at capacity and therefore the chances of a confirmed Adjoining are not as high. Its a gamble. Now she did quote me for the Portofino so I wonder if I ask about the Royal Pacific??? Thanks for the response!

The king suite I had once at rpr had a connecting room to a standard room
Thank you! Do you happen to remember the name of the room?? I feel so lost with all the different names of the rooms at each resort!!

Check on the booking site and see what room types are available
then call so you can ask, as, those you call would have updated info on room availability.

I find that sometimes a room type is not available on line but that it is only because it had not posted yet.
i get a better chance of catching rooms being returned to the booking system by calling before it is noted on the site.

It looks like a Royal Pacific Parlor Suite with connecting standard king and 2 queen room has opened up for your dates which is cheaper than the one at Portofino Bay. We have requested connecting rooms and received them several times, the one time we were assigned adjoining instead of connecting was when we checked in on a Sunday instead of Saturday and all connecting rooms were gone. There's definitely some risk of not getting connecting, especially during busy weeks (ours was Spring Break). We usually book connecting rooms instead of a suite because the APH discount makes 2 rooms cheaper than a suite. For your week 2 rooms is barely cheaper than a suite so I wouldn't hesitate to pay a little more to have guaranteed connecting. If price is a concern, Universal sells tickets bundled with express (cheaper than buying tickets and express separately) which would give you the freedom to stay anywhere. Connecting rooms or suites at Cabana Bay with express tickets would be $2500 cheaper than the Royal Pacific suite + tix. But again there's the risk of not getting connecting. If you're really looking to save money but still be assured of being altogether I would look offsite at something like a Vista Cay 3 bdr townhouse and buy the tix bundled with express, that would save you about $4000 over the RP suite + tix. If you really want to be onsite, which makes sense during such a busy week for easy downtime, I would probably just book a deluxe suite so you don't have to worry about the connecting issue. Good luck!

It looks like a Royal Pacific Parlor Suite with connecting standard king and 2 queen room has opened up for your dates which is cheaper than the one at Portofino Bay. We have requested connecting rooms and received them several times, the one time we were assigned adjoining instead of connecting was when we checked in on a Sunday instead of Saturday and all connecting rooms were gone. There's definitely some risk of not getting connecting, especially during busy weeks (ours was Spring Break). We usually book connecting rooms instead of a suite because the APH discount makes 2 rooms cheaper than a suite. For your week 2 rooms is barely cheaper than a suite so I wouldn't hesitate to pay a little more to have guaranteed connecting. If price is a concern, Universal sells tickets bundled with express (cheaper than buying tickets and express separately) which would give you the freedom to stay anywhere. Connecting rooms or suites at Cabana Bay with express tickets would be $2500 cheaper than the Royal Pacific suite + tix. But again there's the risk of not getting connecting. If you're really looking to save money but still be assured of being altogether I would look offsite at something like a Vista Cay 3 bdr townhouse and buy the tix bundled with express, that would save you about $4000 over the RP suite + tix. If you really want to be onsite, which makes sense during such a busy week for easy downtime, I would probably just book a deluxe suite so you don't have to worry about the connecting issue. Good luck!
Thank you so much for your advice!! I will check out the rate of the suite at at RP. The Universal Rep said since we booked as one reservation for the two rooms and 6 people we should be together. It's not crazy important we are connecting but we don't want to far from each other. And we definitely want to stay at one of the express pass places since it's Christmas week!
Thanks again!!

I once learned the hard way with small kids that there is a difference between adjoining and connecting rooms. Connecting have an inner door that opens. Adjoining means they are next to each other, but may not be connecting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter