Question about Polynesian Resort

Tink1024

Earning My Ears
Hi y'all! My family and I will be staying at the Polynesian for the first time this May. I'm confined to a wheelchair and I was wondering which part of the resort would be best to stay in. We would like to stay somewhere near the bus station or monorail if possible. Any suggestions?

I actually think the resort is set up well for all wheelchairs and any where you stay will be fine! My mom has had a wheelchair the last couple of times and we asked to be close to transportation. The only downfall was we asked to be on ground level for that reason but we were on the third floor and because the buildings are older, the elevators are small. They can fit ONE wheelchair and maybe two people but we made it work. Just put in a request to be close to transportation... and tell them you have a wheelchair and they will try to accommodate as best as possible.

I think Rarotonga and Niue are closest to GCH/monorail and buses. I would echo requesting first floor, as the elevators are on the small side. Note the elevators in the GCH are more roomy, so that shouldn't be a problem. In case you didn't already know this, the volcano pool is zero entry, so that might be useful for pool visits! I think the quiet pool is not.

Thank you so much!!! We've been to Disney 9 times and have never stayed at a deluxe resort so we're all really excited!

Keep in mind that if you need an accessible room with a roll-in shower, that will drastically limit your options. There are roll in shower rooms in Rapa Nui (Garden View), Niue (Garden View), Hawaii (Garden View Club Level) and Tahiti (Lagoon or Theme Park View). In some of those categories, there is only 1 accessible room.

If you don't need and accessible room, I would suggest ground floor in the Samoa longhouse. If you request to be on the pool side, you can go in and out from the pool through the sliding doors. The Poly is very easy to navigate in a wheelchair. Enjoy the Polynesian, it is beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter